Integrate GoAccess

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by MaxT, Apr 17, 2017.

1. MaxT

MaxT Member HowtoForge Supporter

Turbanator likes this.
  2. exynenem

exynenem Member

There you go: https://git.ispconfig.org/ms217/ispconfig3/commits/feat_goaccess

I've published a PoC on 13th of April of GoAccess for ISPConfig. It works and it creates an GoAccess index.html.
    Dunno if TimmeHosting would/could provide their implementation of GoAccess for ISPConfig?

Anyway, regarding my current PoC implementation:

Do you have any suggestions?
    Personally I am kinda worried about the structure that everything is being dumped (statistics, d3.js, CSS) into just one html file.
    I could think of a monthly folder structure like it is done for AWStats so that the main html file doesn't grow too big.

MaxT likes this.
  3. manyk

manyk New Member

@exynenem How was that GoAccess package compiled? What compile configuration options was used?

4. exynenem

exynenem Member

I am using a binary package from EPEL 7 (CentOS). Judging the source rpm, GoAccess has been compiled with these configure options:
    Code:
    %configure --enable-debug --enable-geoip --enable-utf8 --enable-tcb=btree --with-getline
    Just a note: I do not recommend to use my current GoAccess implementation in production environments.
    It does work though, but I'am not happy with the one index.html output and I'am currently working on an improved version of GoAccess for ISPConfig.

5. manyk

manyk New Member

@exynenem Have you check the growth of index.html in time?
    I have already implemented your ideea. It looks good so far. And it's way better than Awstats or Webalizer.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

@exynenem: Maybe you can do a merge request for the implementation against the master branch so we can check the code in detail and integrate this feature into the next ISPConfig major release.

7. exynenem

exynenem Member

I'am currently improving/fixing/testing the code of my new implementation on my private server.
    When I think it reached a half-way useful state I will do a merge request against the master branch, as you suggested.

Also looking forward to see this feature integrated at latest with the next major ISPConfig release. :)

till likes this.
  8. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Having looked at the commit, i’d Like to see this not as a “replacement” for awstats or webalizer but as an additional option if that’s possible

9. manyk

manyk New Member

It's just another option. Believe me I have already implemented it in most of my servers and so far I'm quite content with the outcome. The initial html file may seem big but then it grows very slow with each cron run (daily).

10. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

I appreciate that, the reason I was saying in addition to, was that some clients will like AWStats or Webalizer, whereas I would prefer more of an overview like this

11. michelangelo

michelangelo Active Member

@NeonTigerUK
    As manyk was already mentioning it, GoAccess will just be another option to choose from.
    AWstats is still being maintained, the only thing I could think off is to drop Webalizer support one day, but this is something that actually the ISPConfig maintainers have to decide.

I mean, Webalizer is an old 90'ish looking statistic generator which is not maintained anymore.
    Also I've heard that the statistics should be inaccurate, so this would be one more argument to not use Webalizer.

12. exynenem

exynenem Member

till likes this.
  13. Spawnsworth

Spawnsworth Member

Hi there,

Please forgive my missing knowledge but how exactly do I implement your V2 commit in to my ISP Config installation? This isn't production or anything but I have used goaccess on a number of servers and would really like to try out the ISP Config integration.

I see the link to the code but not sure how I can implement this in my ISP Config. Hope you can help!

Thanks