Integration of a better email server

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by enigmasoldier, Oct 23, 2005.

1. enigmasoldier

enigmasoldier New Member

Hula Email Server will be "released" within the next 3-4 months as their first release. Besides the fact that Novell has ~12 full time developers working on it, it is based off of the Novell Netmail codebase. Netmail has been around for years and is a very solid product.

Once hula is released, it will be the "apache" of email servers.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

We will see if its better than postfix and sendmail when its released and has been proven to be stable and well suited from small home office servers to large installations.

Then we will support it of course :)

3. henrygud

henrygud New Member

I agree..
    Hula looks very promizing but how about > scalix the webaccess looks great any thougts on this one ?

Henry

4. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

has anyone given scalix a try? I am interested if the webaccess is configurable to operate with another mail server like postfix (curretly browsing their site for this info) as I am just looking for another god webaccess for email.

sorry, found the answer myself:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2005
  5. nenad

nenad ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I installed today sucessfully SCALIX on Debian Etch box.

If someone explain to me how to write "how to" I'll write it.

( It sounds funny, isn't it? I need How-to for writing How-to :) )

BTW I also managed to install HylaFAX altogether with most important functions (like email to fax gateway, and vice versa) on ISPConfig Debian Sarge Box.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The only thing we have currently is a tutorial formatting guide :)

If I write a howto, I follow these steps:

1) figure out how things work, write down everything you do in form of short key sentences including the commands you used.

2) If everything works as expected, look through your comments and remove parts where you tried out things that did not succeed at the end.

3) Do the setup again by following exactly the steps you have written down to check that your instructions really works. If your howto shall contain screenshots, make these screenshots now.

4) Replace the short key sentences from your notes with a more detailed description that explains what you did in which step and format everything as described in the formatting guide.