Interface menu links do not works

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by christian.perego, Mar 11, 2022.

1. christian.perego

christian.perego Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have found on one of my customer server an old version of ISPCONFIG (3.2.1).
    This server is used only as internal mail server with about 50 local accounts.
    The server works well, but I can't modify anything because all link of the mail menu do not work. If you click on the link you see a small white windows in the middle of the screen that disappear in a couple of seconds.
    All other sections of the interface works well (System,tool,help,monitor....), except the mail menu.
    What shoul I check?
    Thanks in advance.

Christian

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

You probably have a /mail alias in your web server which conflicts with the mail module in ispconfig.

3. christian.perego

Thank you Jesse,
    How can I verify if I have this conflict?
    Thanks in advance

4. christian.perego

I found this line in the ispconfig virtual host config file of my ispconfig config file:
    Alias /mail /var/www/ispconfig/mail
    I put # to comment this line:
    # Alias /mail /var/www/ispconfig/mail
    And everything start working correctly.
    BR
    Christian

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Interesting, that line was added in an effort to overcome the exact symptom you had. What is your system info, especially what webserver and OS? I just confirmed that alias is working fine here on an apache host, maybe it breaks on nginx? That was added a year ago though, and I'd sure expect that to be noticed before now if it was a general problem, maybe there's something specific to your config (did you make any related customizations?) that causes the issue?