Internet Connection issues during setup of "Perfect Server CentOS 5.2"

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by bladeoz, Aug 7, 2008.

1. bladeoz

bladeoz New Member

Apologies if this has been answered before, I have had a decent search through the forums + internet, and found little to help.

Basically Im following the guide from HowtoForge Forums - CentOS 5.2 Server Setup: LAMP, Email, DNS, FTP, ISPConfig (a.k.a. The Perfect Server)

when I get to the end of page 3, after not configuring any new IPs, I go to update via YUM with no success... no network/internet connection.

starting Windows-X I cannot access the internet via Firefox either.

Its annoying, because I had the setup working yesterday, when I did the first install. Then after a complete restart, it would not automatically detect the modem/network. The rest of our network is fine.

The modem is connected via a switch in our network. CentOS 5.2 is installed on my machine via Virtual PC 2007 (mouse and display issues fixed).

Any light on this would be much appreciated... im completely stuck :s

2. bladeoz

bladeoz New Member

I forgot to mention - the browser gets stuck on "looking up" the address not just plain out 404'ing.

3. bladeoz

bladeoz New Member

Worked it out after god knows how many hours... NetworkManager service was not on like I thought it was. N00b thing to do :p

In all the guides that I have come across though... I have never seen it mentioned. I think I actually fluked it yesterday when I set it up correctly.

Would explain why it didnt work after the restart too.