Intranet Only Howto for perfect server any flavor...

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by happz, May 13, 2009.

1. happz

happz Member

I was wondering if you guys could have a section for Intranet only Hosting. I have setup perfect server with ubuntu in an intranet environment using also, ispconfig 2, then created a site and added content to it. then http://servername.dns.companyname.com and it went to web1.
    then I found that after creating web2 that there was not way to get to it. Or is there? In an intranet environment you really can't give a direct name to a site like www.something.com so how would you do this so to create multiple sites? A tutorial on that would be great. I did read that you could go to your windows xp systems and add in the host file entries like:

192.168.x.x nameofweb2.name
    192.168.x.x nameofweb3.name ...and so on but with there being over a thousand of pc's hitting this server, it would not make sense to try to ask the entire company to have their IT guys add those entries to every pc...

I understand I am making two points. One is to get Intranet Only info to help resolve issue that one might face and two is, how to resolve the issues I am facing with creating more than one intranet site and how to resolve to those sites. :)

thanks,

hAppz

Last edited: May 13, 2009