Invalid email address, the mailbox for the email address does not exist.

Discussion in 'General' started by Keagan, Aug 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Keagan

Keagan Member

Hello,

I just installed ISPconfig 3 with Dovecot, SpamAssasin and Postfix. I created site and so on, created email and now I have problem. I recieve no emails, even when I can send emails.

I can't even accept emails from google but I can send emails with no problem. When I used this tool for validating: https://verifalia.com/validate-email

it has told me "
    Invalid email address, the mailbox for the email address does not exist.
    Status code:
    MailboxDoesNotExist
    "

In logs is nothing about even that, the sender reached destination server where is email domain created. I tested it with mxtoolbox.com and it has right NS servers and MX servers too.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ensure that you did not accidentally used the domain name that you want to use for email as server hostname or server mailname in /etc/postfix/main.cf or /etc/mailname. The server hostname and system mail name must be a subdomain as described in the installation instructions, if you would use the domain itself without subdomain part, then email system must fail.

3. Keagan

Keagan Member

So this is not good configuration? I should delete virtua-server.com?

myhostname = virtua-server.com
    mydestination = virtua-server.com, localhost, localhost.localdomain

4. till

Correct, this prevents your mail system from functioning. You have to change it to a subdomain like:

myhostname = mail.virtua-server.com
    mydestination = mail.virtua-server.com, localhost, localhost.localdomain

and then restart postfix.

5. Keagan

Keagan Member

Sadly it did not worked. I've got from google 454 4.7.1 Relay access denied

6. till

Please post the content of your /etc/postfix/master.cf file. And ensure that you added virtua-server.com as email domain in ISPConfig and that you created the mailbox that you want to send emails to in ISPConfig as well.

Which tutorial did you use to install your server?