IP Address Change

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by requiemzz, Nov 25, 2014.

1. requiemzz

requiemzz New Member

I need to update my external and internal IP address for ISPConfig. Where are all the places I need to make sure are updated? Thanks

2. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

You will have to change the IP address in:

/etc/hosts
    /etc/network/interfaces
    /etc/resolv.conf

In ISPConfig, change the IP address in the server settings and if you added it under system > server IP, then you will have to chnage it there too. If the IP has been selected in any websites, then go to these websites, ensure that the new IP is selected and click on save (even if the new IP shows up, its required to click on save once).

3. requiemzz

requiemzz New Member

Thanks, I have changed it in those locations and have updated my DNS zones. However, I still cant access any of my websites. Any ideas?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you wait 24 hours? Change sin dns may take up to 24 hours to propagate.

5. requiemzz

requiemzz New Member

yes I did. I am going to take a look at my Apache configs.

6. requiemzz

requiemzz New Member

I cant even access my sites internally.

7. requiemzz

requiemzz New Member

Any ideas?

8. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

check for vhosts in sites-available, check your dns-zones, and your server-config? can you ping to the new ip and the site-name?

9. requiemzz

requiemzz New Member

DNS Zone and server confif look good to me. What should I be looking for in my vhosts? I can ping both the public and private IP I cant ping the site name. It sound like DNS related but Ie checked everywhere I know that manages DNS.

10. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

If you can´t ping the dns-name your dns is not working as expected or you block the traffic with your firewall.

11. requiemzz

requiemzz New Member

Port is not blocked. I think it has ssomething to do with my name servers. If my public IP changed wouldnt I have to change that in BIND somwhere? or createa new zone file.

12. requiemzz

requiemzz New Member

So it looks as though my name servers are showing the wrong public IP address. How do I fix that?

13. requiemzz

requiemzz New Member

Anyone? Im pulling my hair out here.

14. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check if the correct IP is listed in the bind zonefile.