Ip Forwarding Fedora Core 4

Discussion in 'Technical' started by K_meleonu, Jun 14, 2006.

1. K_meleonu

K_meleonu Member

Hi all, (i'm back :p )
    I have a small question, if is there anyone who will like to help me it whoul be great.
    I have a Linux server with Fedora Core 4 on it and ISPConfig. What i want to do is to make that server, beside a hosting server a rooter, i want to share my internet connection throught it.
    I know that i can use something like ip tables or ip forwarding but i am not quite sure how to do this.
    If someone can help me out i whould be more than gratefull.

P.S. I am sorry if i typed something wrong.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

3. K_meleonu

K_meleonu Member

Thank you for your response, i have a rooter and i will use it. I have read a little about IpCop and i saw there are some problems in some cases.

I whould have another questin if you whould like to answer...
    I have php 5 installed and register_globals = On , php safe mode = Off but i still can't see php nuke web sites or mambo sites . Here is a link to a php nule web site on my server: http://alex.crazydesign.ath.cx/alex/phpsite
    Now... can you tell me how to remove php5 and install php4 ?
    I think this will remove my problem.

Thank you in advance

4. falko

Does it work if you disable PHP Safe Mode for that web site in ISPConfig?
    Any errors in your Apache error log?

5. K_meleonu

K_meleonu Member

The safe mode was never enabled for that web site and i don't have errors in my apache log. i even restarted it and i also restarted the whole sistem.
    Still the same problem. I really really don't know what is wrong. Ewerithing else work's wonderfull. If i put php forms to send e-mails or other sites made with php or phpBB forum they work great, but if i install and run a Mambo/Joomla web site or phpNuke or a drupal web site, after installing them i see that blank page.
    I am like a turtle upside down. Don't know what to do :( . Thank you for your help,
    Alex

6. falko

7. K_meleonu

K_meleonu Member

i have done all those but without success... :mad:
    i still think i should downgrade from php5 to php4 ... what do you think?

8. falko

Which Drupal version do you use? Starting from version 4.6.0, Drupal works on PHP5, too.

9. K_meleonu

K_meleonu Member

I have triyed with MamboV4.6 , Drupal4.6.8 and 4.7.2 and php nuke web site the latest version without success...

10. djtremors

djtremors ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I used Joomla no problems but the only hiccup was uploading files with safe mode on. Because uploaded files were owned by "www", the website can touch it.

So i changed ispconfig to use safe_mode_gid = on
    Then I did a chmod g+s ./phptmp

I can now upload my templates fine and all.

11. K_meleonu

K_meleonu Member

12. falko

Might be because of .htaccess files. Have you checked PHPNuke for .htaccess files?

13. K_meleonu

K_meleonu Member

When i install a phpNuke site from a tar.gz package it doesn't install any .htaccess file. I have triyed to make one but i eighter get a 404 message eighter a 500 message or that blank page.

14. falko

Can you post the vhost configuration of the web site where you try to install PHPnuke?