IP migration procedure

Discussion in 'General' started by markelino, Aug 25, 2022.

Tags:
  1. markelino

markelino Member

Guys
    DC sent a message they are changing IP providers, so need to change the IP's on my 2 ispconfig servers.
    What is the procedure to follow to change server IP on ISPconfig (still on 3.1.15 & 3.1.15p3) ?

From what I recall, all sites use the server IP, so to be sure from where in admin panel or from CLI would show what IP's are being used in server also for sites so I dont miss something site maybe using some unique IP?

What a pain when DC makes such changes. :(

Thanks.

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I'd recommend setting your sites to listen on all interfaces by opening their settings and setting the IP to a wildcard: "*".

If this option does not show, enable it under System > Server Config > server1.example.com > Web > Enable IP wildcard (*).

Also, add the new IP's under System > Server IP addresses so you can eventually use them if necessary. Then remove the old IP's if no vhosts use them anymore.

3. markelino

markelino Member

Nice. So selecting site ID > domain > and 3rd field IPV4-address select * from dropdown instead of the public address on all sites.

This section does not have fields for subnet or gateway - just option for ipv4 or ipv6 address. So where do we set such details from? I assume need to ssh via terminal and set the net configs at some point also, but when? Maybe wise set an internal/private ip as backup 1st to be able to ssh into and then play with pub ip's changes.

Are you maybe aware of a more detailed post on such how-to cases?

Thank you @Th0m

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Network configuration of the ISPConfig host is done on the operating system, with the usual tools of the OS. The IP-address may be set in several files in the /etc subtree, so use grep -r 11.22.33.44 /etc to find all occurrences.