IPSConfig 3 cannot find default page setting for clients

Discussion in 'General' started by chrisbell, Sep 27, 2010.

1. chrisbell

chrisbell New Member

Hiya all.

This is my first Linux ( Ubuntu ) server with ISPConfig 3 so be gental with me :)

I've gone through the setup process (ideal server setup) from the web site - and everything looks ok. I missed out the bit about Quota's because it crashed me last time I tried it.

But anyway - when I setup a clients site on the server I cannot alter the default page it tries to open. IE index.htm or index.php

Found a link on this site to config2 but not for config3 ?

Cheers,

Chris

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The default page is in the website directory, to change it, create a FTP user for the website, then login with a FTP user of your choice to this website and you find the index.html page in the website directory. You can alter or delete that page. Thats the page which gets loaded when you enter the domain name of the website in the browser.

3. chrisbell

chrisbell New Member

Hi Till,

No I dont want to alter the default html document.

I want to select a different default document for the site.

On IIS I go into website/documents and add the default content page.

Can't find that option on 3.

Chris

4. till

The default files get copied when a website gets created. If you like to change the default template, then take a look at the directory /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/index/

NunoM likes this.
  5. chrisbell

chrisbell New Member

Sorry Till,

But how does that help ?

I dont want to alter the template - I want to select the default document for a single website.

IE some site have been created index.html

Some have index.php as their start page some have index.htm etc etc.

I need to be able to select the default page name or type like I can in IIS.

Looks like it was available in your version 2 but cannot for the life of me find it in 3

Cheers,
    Chris

6. till

Thats selected automatically. Just delete the index.html page as I told you in #2 and you will see that apache uses a index.php or index.htm page automatically.

If you want to do further manual configurations of a pache vhost, you cann add any apache directive that is allowed for vhosts, e.g. the DirectoryIndex directive, in the apache directives field of the website.

7. chrisbell

chrisbell New Member

Cheers Till,

Didn't quite get your meaning.

Chris

8. chrisbell

chrisbell New Member

That works fine.

So there's no option to add new defaults or change the order in which they are processed within the software ?

Would need to do this manually within Apache itself ?

Cheers,

Chris

9. till

There is an option for that, it is named apache directives fiel as I mentioned above. If you want to set a different Directory Index, then enter:

DirectoryIndex index.xyz

If you want to change a default of the apache webserver, then edit the apache webserver configuration file, e.g. httpd.conf or apache2.conf depending on the linux distribution that you use.

10. chrisbell

chrisbell New Member

Thanks - makes sense now.

Cheers,

Chris