Is ISPConfig compatible with CentOS Stream 9?

Discussion in 'General' started by Admin Aimexpert, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Admin Aimexpert

Admin Aimexpert New Member

Hi all,

I try to find a free hosting panel for my server. I'm tired of changing all the different configuration files :)
    So, I found ISPConfig, but, when I searched the forum for CentOS Stream 9 I did not find any record. And also in the Services And Functions are listed for CentOS only versions 7 and 8.
    But, deh..., hope dies last.
    So anyone tried to install ISPConfig on CentOS Stream 9?
    Thanks a lot,
    Jorge

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Why not use Debian or Ubuntu, the operating systems we recommend?

3. Admin Aimexpert

It's not a newly installed server ... and it has a lot of stuff on it ... just trying to make my job easier.
    Anyway, I'm just asking ... maybe someone has tried it and it works :)

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig is not to be installed on a server that already has data on it.

5. Admin Aimexpert

OK. Thanks for your answer.

6. michelangelo

michelangelo Active Member

The compatibility list was not updated in a while.
    ISPConfig is currently compatible with at least RHEL 8/CentOS 8/AlmaLinux 8/Rocky Linux 8.

It also can at least detect CentOS 9 Stream (among all the other EL9 siblings) as a OS and apply a common EL9 configuration to it, but since there are so many derivatives now which stem from RHEL, none of them can be extensively tested. It is currently a best effort approach to support new RHEL/ and Enterprise Linux derivatives. If you should run into actual bugs, then report them please @ git.ispconfig.org.

ahrasis likes this.
  7. Admin Aimexpert

Ya, thanks. I flirt with the idea of installing this software. If I'll manage to do this (I don't have to much available time), I'll keep you updated.

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you want to try it, use a new system. ISPConfig requires a fresh and empty system to get started, do not try to install it on a system that runs already other services or hosts mail and websites already.