Is it possible to reactivate Installer Apps Word Press for personal use?

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by Mateus Takz, Oct 14, 2023.

1. Mateus Takz

Mateus Takz New Member

Recently I came across the demand to install WP frequently, I immediately remembered that ISPConfig used to offer Installer Apps. And throughout its evolution it was discontinued!
    There is the possibility of reactivating this option for installation for personal use. Can anyone help by sharing experiences?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

We are currently working on a new WP installer.

It has been disabled because it does not work anymore without app package. So yes, you can theoretically reactivate it, but this will not enable you to install WordPress or any other apps as there are no packages available for it anymore. APS packages were discontinued (not by us, they were discontinued by the makers of APS), which means all installers for this package format, like the one we developed for ISPConfig, stopped working. So reactivating it makes no sense.

Mateus Takz likes this.
  3. michelangelo

michelangelo Active Member

Since this thread seems to be the most recent one about an app installer, I'll ask my questions here:

- What is the state of the installer, has work on it already started?

- Will the installer only support Wordpress, or other software too?

- Will it use composer to install the software?

4. till

Yes, it's nearly finished.

The first supported app will be WordPress, as it is the most widely used CMS. Other CMS systems like Drupal, Contao, and Joomla will then get added step-by-step.

The installation method varies, depending on the software that gets installed.

atle, Farsus and michelangelo like this.
  5. michelangelo

michelangelo Active Member

That is great to hear!
    I assume that we can expect a release of it some time in 2024?

Wordpress is not really important for me/us (my company) since we are more focused on TYPO3 and Shopware, but I am eager to see how the installer works.

6. till

Yes, I've planned a first version end of Q1/2024. Typo3 and Shopware is definitely on the apps list too.

7. Farsus

Farsus Member

any news about this

8. till

Yes, I'm nearly finished with the app installer. Currently I'll have to finish the ISPConfig 3.2.12 release with Ubuntu 24.04 support this week, finishing and releasing the App installer is next on my todo list then.

atle, Farsus, ahrasis and 1 other person like this.
  9. Farsus

Farsus Member

thank you for the fast answer
    looking forward to both releases :)

till likes this.
  10. Farsus

Farsus Member

any news about this?

11. till

Yes, it's nearly finished. Had to do some other projects in between, which delayed the development. I'll post some more info on that in the next few weeks.

atle, Farsus and ahrasis like this.
  12. Farsus

Farsus Member

nice!! looking forward to hear more :)