is there a way??

Discussion in 'General' started by amaurib, Apr 16, 2008.

1. amaurib

amaurib New Member

Hello

Is there a way to rename the user's DBases names without messing with phpmyadmin?

dev must consider that.

thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, the names of the databases can not be renamed. If you rename them in phpmyadmin, you will loose the ability to manage them from ISPConfig.

3. amaurib

amaurib New Member

but what if an application requires a specific db name?

i know that i can change it with phpmyadmin , but, what if i change the DBname and USer in
    isp_isp_datenbank and isp_nodes ???

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You'll lose the ability to manage the DBs from within ISPConfig, plus there's a big chance that you mess up the ISPConfig database.

5. amaurib

amaurib New Member

understood that.. never mess with ispconfig db..

but, you guys never replied with an alternative solution to this..

what if i have a script/program that needs to run on a specific database name/user?

i think that would be better if the owner of the website shoose a name for his dbase. something like [domain]_customDBname

the same with DB usernames

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Create the databases manually in phpmyadmin.

But I'am not sure which website script relys on a specific database name, I do not no one as this would mean that this script can be installed only once on a server.

This is not a custom database that you can choose as the domain part is added automatically. If your website application supports what you suggested, it will also support the current auto generated names as well.

7. amaurib

amaurib New Member

i can create the db manually but the db wont appear on ispconfig...

::confused:

8. falko

That'S what we've told you. But this doesn't matter if your application absolutely needs a certain database name. You can manage that database from phpMyAdmin.

9. amaurib

amaurib New Member

sorry for my lack of english...

I understand all that..

but, there is no way to do it like for example on some host comp. like siteground.
    you can name your own database and they just apend your domainname to that DBname..
    like i said before something like [domain]_customDB

ps: i think this topic should be moved to ISPconfig Feature Requests ,dont know.. im new here...

10. falko

This is not possible with ISPConfig.