Is updating ISPConfig is enough to transfer from Dev version to latest stable version ?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by emad, May 1, 2017.

1. emad

emad Member

Hi,
    After following the guide Ubuntu 16.04 Perfect Server, I've found the installed version of ISPConfig is 3.1dev (development version) not the latest stable version (3.1.2) !!!
    So, Do I have to reinstall the whole system (Ubuntu) again, then install the right version at the end of the guide as I want a clean perfect server, or updating the ISPConfig with the command "ispconfig_update.sh" to latest version is enough to fix the issue ?
    (The system is a fresh installation it will cost me few hours to start over).

Please bear with me, I want a confirmed answer, you know after the server being in production state it is not an option to stop it an reinstall to fix a problem that might be caused by the development version.

Note: Please update the download link at the end of the guide to be the latest version of ISPConfig.

Thank You,

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I think that is git-stable version and it should be fine. You can run ispserver_update.sh and choose stable if you wish to use 3.1.2 instead.

3. emad

emad Member

Thank you @ahrasis,
    I downloaded both versions and made a source comparison hoping to find few or at least limited changes, but I found a lot of changes so, I decided to start over from the ground and I'm almost done now.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There was no need for a reinstall as ahrasis described. What you installed is the 3.1.2 version with the bugfixes from the next release 3.1.3, so the version that you had installed was more stable and had less bugs then 3.1.2, that's why we use the stable branch versions in the tutorials as well.

And you can update a dev version to a tagged release at any time later when the next release get's tagged.