ISP Config Installation on Suse 9.3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by gimhan90, Jan 20, 2006.

1. gimhan90

gimhan90 New Member

Hi folks ,

I have bought a dedicated server with suse 9.3 installed. Now i want to insatll ISPConfig on it.

ISP Config installation document says about some prerequistic requirements before install the ispconfig .

(i.e. ISPConfig Requirements
    Apache Webserver version 1.3.12 or later / 2.0.40 or later
    Sendmail or Postfix
    Procmail
    Quota Package
    ProFTP as standalone version or vsftpd as inetd/xinetd/standalone version
    PHP 4.0.5 or newer as Apache module
    MySQL data base
    a POP3/IMAP daemon that supports either the traditional Unix-Mailbox format (e.g.
    gnu-pop3d, qpopper, ipop3d, popa3d or vm-pop3d) or the Maildir format (e.g.
    Courier-Imap)
    OpenSSL and mod_ssl for the creation of SSL virtual hosts
    BIND8 / BIND9
    iptables or ipchains )

Do we also need to configure the above mentioned requiremnts before install the ISP panel. OR
    Is it enough to have a only installation of above softwares ?

Thx in advance,
    gim

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

For ISPConfig it's enough to have them installed, however you have to configure some of them if you want to use them, e.g. quota and Postfix (-> SMTP-AUTH). You should have a look at the "Perfect Setup" for SuSE 9.3: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_suse_9.3

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig checks only for the existence of the binaries in common places.

4. gimhan90

gimhan90 New Member

May i know , how can i verify the Quota packahe has installed and configured successfully ?

When i checked the availability of the Quota packge (using whereis quota) , i got nothing .

Further , since i have received preconfigured machine from the provider , how can i verify necessary softwares for ISP Panel has been /installed configued properly ?

Thx very much for u r help .:)

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Run:

yast -i quota

This will either tell you that quota is already installed or install the quota package. Then have a look in /etc/fstab if there where partitions with the option: ,usrquota,grpquota

If quota is not installed, i recommend to have a look at this howto
    http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_suse_9.3 and do the steps on page 4 describing the quota installation.

You can run the iSPConfig installer, it will complain if pacakges where missing and then test the available services (mail, web, dns) by adding a tet website and email accounts in ISPConfig.

Or you have a look at this howto http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_suse_9.3 and compare the configuration described in the howto with your current setup.

6. gimhan90

gimhan90 New Member

Thank You Very Much For U r KIND Help. Keep up the GOOD WORKS,:)
    -Gimhan