ISP Config Login Page is INCREDIBLY SLOW

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by c0loredardvark, Aug 14, 2018.

1. c0loredardvark

c0loredardvark New Member

I have just finished installing ISP Config 3 on Ubuntu 18.04, Database is hosted on another server
    The installation went well, no hiccups. But now that I am finished the login page is SO SLOW showing up. And there is no logo above the login box.
    Also neither the admin password I set during install or "admin" is working to log in.

I had installed ISP Config 3 yesterday on Ubuntu 14.04, and had this same issue, but figured it was a mistake I made during install. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Followed https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...pureftpd-bind-postfix-doveot-and-ispconfig/3/ To the T, except for host the DB on the same box and did not install Jailkit or the XMPP Chat Server

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I did a test install today of the exact same tutorial that you used, I copied every command, so my servers here is an exact copy of the system described in the guide. The ISPConfig login works perfectly and is blazing fast. So there can not be an issue in the guide nor an issue in ISPConfig. Besides that, with more than 1000 ISPConfig installs every day, you would see at least a hundred posts from today here when there would be an issue that one cannot login to ispconfig.

The difference between our setups is probably that I completely followed the tutorial why you did some changes. If you install XMPP or not does not matter for the login, but if you did not install the DB as describes then this might cause the login to fail.

3. c0loredardvark

Sorry If I came off as angry or attacking you, I don't doubt your software is good, I was just asking for help. I guess I will ace this VM and start over.

4. till

I guess there is no need to start over. First you should check if mysql is working, if the ispconfig user in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php is able to login and if the dbispconfig database exists and contains tables.

5. c0loredardvark

No worries, I have already started. Though I can assure you that the user in that file was able to connect to the mysql and was able to confirm that the database and tables were there. I will put the Database on the same server this time and see if that changes things.... Stay tuned.

6. till

Is ist slow when you access the login page the first time, or slow after you submitted the login details?

7. c0loredardvark

It was slow loading the page and also after submitting credentials.

8. c0loredardvark

It is working as expected with the DB on the same box.

ahrasis likes this.
  9. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you go back to your previous setup (which I believe is not 'officially' supported, so you may not want to), check for a name resolution problem, which will slow most things down. Put the name/ip addr(s) of both hosts is the /etc/hosts file on each server and make sure there is an entry in the MySQL user table for your ISPConfig user with the IP address and one with the hostname.

Or just stay with what is working now. :)