ISP Config SSL problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by scolak, Jul 11, 2017.

1. scolak

scolak New Member

Hi,

I have a problem with adding ISPConfig SSL certificate. Adding SSL cert. to website worked fine up until this morning when it suddenly started to redirect it for some reason to the other site from the same client.
    SSL and Letsencrypt SSL are checked, under SSL tab I enter client data and then create certificate -> Save.
    After everything when I open nginx vhost file there is no change in the vhost.
    Please any info, site is live and any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

2. edooze

edooze Member

Hi friend,

Not sure if it helps, but my sites were redirecting all over the place when I had selected an IP address in the relevant field, rather than the asterisk (*)

Hope this is of some assistance.

scolak likes this.
  3. scolak

scolak New Member

It maybe a problem, because IP is everywhere instead of the asterisk, but SSL problem is still here because it wont generate the SSL snippet in the vhost, but only this one site. Other sites are not causing any trouble.

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you're using letsencrypt, don't enter anything under the SSL tab. If you're entering certificate info under the SSL tab, don't enable the letsencrypt checkbox.

There is an rfe to make this more clear: https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/issues/4098 (go thumbs-up that issue if you want)