isp-copy problem

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by muekno, Dec 10, 2018.

1. muekno

muekno Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have migrated succsessfull 3 servers debian 8 to debian in a multiserver enviorement
    build the new server as recommended here https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/debian-minimal-server/ and installed rest + needed services recomended here https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...-9-stretch-apache-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3-1/ and did migrate with isp_copy, then shut down the old server and replaced the name and the IP so they were the same as the old server. Everything went fine and is working.
    Same for the fourth server a slave, but when I startet the isp_copy I got a warning similar to "Unable to connect to mysql server Host '172.16.1.245' is not allowed to connect to this MariaDB server", but the copy went fine and teh server seams to work fine. When I no do the recommended ispconfig update I get the above error when the update tries to connect the master.
    Need a hint where to look for the problem

Thanks

Rainer

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Add a root user in mysql on the master which is allowed to connect from the IP and hostname of the (new) slave server.

3. muekno

OK, but why did it wok all the time, the error was, as I said, even on the old slave and teh new slave has the same ip than the old one. But I will try, which table?

Thanks

Rainer

4. muekno

What happend, just found all users in mysql.user except local root, ispconfig and phpmyadmin are lost on the master server? But everything worked fin till the fourth server a slave. I is not a cattastrohe as it is my internal test system, but I wonder how that happend.
    Thanks
    Rainer

P.S. the master server was the third I migrated, it is possible that migrating / copying the master the user entries in the mysql.user database are not copied? Unforuately I deletet teh old master in case of space problems.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  5. till

ISPCopy copies the ispconfig mysql user, all users that start with ispcsrv* and all mysql users created within ISPConfig on that server.

6. muekno

Ok, but why they are lost all, so recreating the root users would be not the problem just work and for three servers not too much, but for the ispconfig users how do I get the password?
    Thanks
    Rainer

P.S. not the ispconfig but ispcsrvx user

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  7. till

I don't know why the ispcsrv* users were not migrated on your system. Which version of ISPCopy did you use?

The passwords of the ispcsrv users are in the config.inc.php files of the slaves. When you do an ispconfig update on a slave and choose to reconfigure permissions in master database, then the ispcsrv user of that node is probably added back. At least it's worth a try before you re-add it manually.

8. muekno

I used, I think, the latest version. paid and downloaded last saterday, that means 2 days ago.
    thanks for help, will give feedback.

Rainer

9. till

If I remember correctly, that version should contain the ispcsrv* migration part. At least I see it here in my code management system, will test it again with a multiserver setup.

10. muekno

OK I had created the root user manually and had run the update scripts, the ispcsrv* are recreated on name and ip address.

Thanks again for help, next i will do a try on the hot system, and check everything before deleting an old server. is there a recomanded order in copying, slaves first, master first?
    In any case it is a fine tool for upgrading server to new versions, still some work creating and configuring the new servers.

Rainer

11. till

That's a good question, I guess it does not matter much as the installation is copied as it is.