Isp Updates

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Marcio Urakawa, Mar 12, 2021.

1. A doubt.
    Is there a forecast for a release date for the next update?

It's because every update I have to edit the code in the user interface so that it doesn't do some things.
    I realized that yesterday launched a review, and again I will have to make adjustments.

What do I do:
    - Remove buttons from "Delete" user sites, DB, FTP.
    - Hide some fields like: Traffic Quota
    - Hide the Option tab from the FTP user
    - Hide the some itens from Backup Tab.

I do these things so that the user does not delete the sites out of curiosity and even modify.
    I noticed that yesterday there was an update and we will have to perform these procedures again to what was done in 3.2.2

I realized that from version 3.1.15 to 3.2.2 there was already a lot of change in the interface code, so if in the new version 3.2.3 there are several changes again, I will not be able to take advantage of the code already made these days.

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

For this purpose, "client protection" exists and is enabled by default. It currently only works for sites, there is a bug report for this: https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/-/issues/5700

Maybe you can contribute to resolve this and extend the feature, so it works for all modules and is included in the project. Then you would not have to do such modifications.

I can't tell you when 3.2.4 will be out, but I think that a "normal" release schedule is every 2-3 months with the current development rate.

Marcio Urakawa likes this.
  3. Is it normal to leave it open for the user to choose the backup time for their website?

If he changes the backup time to 20 times / day, it would be a problem for us.

4. Th0m

This not possible. The user can decide how many backups will be retained every time a new backup is made, and how often it will run: daily/weekly/monthly. The backup cronjob only runs at night, so the most you can do is once every 24 hours.

5. Th0m

By the way, what you could do, is set up your own git repo, where you make your changes. Update that repo from the releases every time there is a release, and resolve eventual merge conflicts. Update your server(s) from your own git repo to never lose changes.

6. In this case, the user can select to retain the backup of the last 7 days.Just an example.
    I know it would be one backup per day if he were to select that way and not 7 backups on the same day.
    But in the same way I would have a storage problem.

7. Th0m

Under System -> main config, you can enable a feature to include backups in the quota limit.

8. Thanks for all the help.
    I knew this item, but my users are sometimes difficult.
    So, a 1GB site I would always have to leave at least 2GB.
    The user sees a quota of 2GB and thinks he can use all of that for his website.
    They are usually problematic and curious users.

I think that at the moment it is only showing the real quota of the website and leaving the backup so as not to count in the quota.
    And hide those backup interval fields. Thanks!!

9. Th0m

You can also choose to disable the backup tab for them, but that way they can't access any of the backup features at all.