ISPC 3.0.3 beta1, webdav users and paths

Discussion in 'General' started by damir, Aug 24, 2010.

1. damir

damir New Member

I have a question regarding the new Webdav function in ISPC 3.0.3 Beta 1.

I have created webdav user "demo_com_webdav1" with following path:

webdav/design

I can login without problems and everything works. Now i have created some folders in that design folder like this.

webdav/design/upload/city

Now when i create new webdav user "demo_com_webdav2" with following path:

webdav/design/upload/city

That user can't login. Is it possible for users to login inside folders that are nested?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As far as I know, it does not matter for webdav if the path is ested. Which errors do you get in the error.log of the website?

3. damir

damir New Member

Im getting the following error:

Code:
    Digest: user `demo_com_webdav2' in realm `design' not found: /design/upload/city
    It seams that it's not allowed to bypass the .htdigest file of first user.

4. damir

damir New Member

The reason why it doesn't work is that when you create new user and set the path inside allready created webdav user and their folders like i described in first message is that ISPConfig doesn't wrirte new user and dav information to .vhost file.

.vhost file only contains information of the first created user and not the second one.

5. damir

damir New Member

I will continue my monolog here :)

Here is description of the bug, if Vogelor or Till can take at look at it and commit a fix in new Beta 2 :)

Procedure:

1: Add new webdav user, Webdav User / Add new Webdav User. Choose your site, add username (in this example i will use demo) demo.
    2: Type the password and in Direcotry field type "demo". Hit Save
    3: Wait a minute or two for ISPConfig to update it self.
    4: New webdav user and directory is created correctly and information is written to .vhost file.

Bug

1: Add new webdav user, Webdav User / Add new Webdav User. Choose same site as previous site, add username demo2.
    2: Type the password and in Direcotry field type "demo/newdemo". Hit Save
    3: Wait a minute or two for ISPConfig to update it self.
    4: New webdav user, htdigest file and directory is created correctly.
    5: New information is NOT written to .vhost file. Vhost file contains only information of the first created user demo.

If i add information manually to .vhost file everything works and i can connect as demo2 to subfolder of demo user but that is now solution :)

I will add it to bugtracker.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thanks for the bugreport. We will fix it until the final release of 3.0.3.