ISPC3 with RSA key generation

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by djtremors, May 31, 2009.

1. djtremors

djtremors New Member

Hey all,

I searched and didnt see any obvious posts relating to what i want to request.
    This is probably a simple task to add but a good one that I'd like to have on my system. I would like to have ISPC3 generate SSH keys rather than using only a login and password. All that would need to be added is instead of applied the password to the linux filesystem, it would use that to apply to auto generated key pair which then we just need a link for the user to download the private key.

Is something like this in the works? I could give it a try but not yet familiar with ispc3 code.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This can bea easily implemented, just write a new plugin for it that executes the nescessary commands on the shell user insert and update events. Just take a look at the existing shell user plugins for an example.

3. djtremors

djtremors New Member

The back end part I think i can cover. it's how to generate on the Shell-user page that I'm not sure about yet, basically how to update the page to show a download link once the key is available as well as secure it so no one else can download a private key by url/post tweaking etc.etc...
    I was thinking of just putting a disk icon next to the login when it's available as the server side creates the key...