ISPConfig 2.2.10 Beta available

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Feb 16, 2007.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I've finished the beta for ISPConfig 2.2.10. This release is for testing purposes, if you run a production server, please wait for the final relaese of ISPConfig 2.2.10

The installer file can be downloaded here:

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-2.2.10-beta1.tar.gz

I've not finished the changelog yet, but you may see the changes in the SVN log of the stable branch svn://ensignweb4.de/ispconfig/branches/ISPConfig-2.2.stable/

Please test it and report any errors. If no errors where found, I will release it as 2.2.10 final next week.

2. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Nice,

I will give it a try and will inform you about my experience with the new upcoming version! :)

3. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

No test server to test it on, so I'll pass for now

4. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

ISPConfig 2.2.10 beta 1 up and running!

I just installed ISPConfig 2.2.10 beta 1 on my Debian Sarge test-server and everything works fine! Well done! :)

5. jcdirks

jcdirks New Member

I tried the upgrade on a 1 week old ISPConfig 2.2.9 on a test server (Debian Etch). Only one Domain w/ some custom DNS; a quick test with www, pop3, smtp and dns shows that these services are running fine.

A small warning came up throughout spamassasin / clamav installation:
    Code:
    cp -f clamassassin /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/bin
    chmod 555 /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/bin/clamassassin
    [B]Argument "6.30_01" isn't numeric in subroutine entry at Makefile.PL line 8.
    Argument "6.30_01" isn't numeric in numeric ge (>=) at Makefile.PL line 136.[/B]
    What email address or URL should be used in the suspected-spam report
    text for users who want more information on your filter installation?

Do the site certificates need to be recreated, or could a reuse of the already created certificates be implemented? Then we didn't need to re-enter all the information, and certificates that are already installed in our browsers could be used.

Regards,
    JCD

6. till

I have entered this as feature request in our tracking system, but it will not make it in the 2.2.10 release anymore.

The clamassassin version is the same then in 2.2.9, so I guess it should work even with this error. Did you notice any problems with clamassassin after the installation?

7. jcdirks

jcdirks New Member

clamassassin? ;) Edit: Ok, I've googled it. Didn't know that.

Both the Eicar test file and the GTube test string were caught by the mail system. Oh, and service monitoring also works.

Edit: And thanks for the feature request!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  8. jcdirks

jcdirks New Member

Having said that the monitoring service works, there might be one issue. After the update, I was getting notification that a sercive was down. That was correct, I had tested TCP on port 90 the other day, and there surely is no service there.
    However, I was not getting any notifications before the update, I asume I had turned the monitoring off. Maybe the update had turned monitoring on again?

9. till

Yes, it might be that the update overwrites this setting but it can be disabled again.