ISPConfig 2.2.12 Beta available

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by till, Apr 16, 2007.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 2.2.12 is available for download.

This ISPConfig release adds support for CentOS 5 and updates ClamAV to 0.90.2. Several minor bugs where fixed.

Please test it and report successfull installations and errors. ClamAV 0.90.1 shall contain a serious security problem, so I will try to release this a as final as soon as possible if no problems where reported.

Thanks,

Till

Detailed Changelog
    ------------------

- Added: Support for CentOS 5.0.
    - Update: ClamAV to 0.90.2.
    - Update: Updated SSH Chroot creation script to support debian etch.
    - Bugfix: Fixed a bug in mail log processing.
    - Bugfix: possible creation of duplicates MX records trough the co-domain MX creation feature fixed.
    - Changed: A trailing / is not added automatically to rewrite URL's anymore.
    - Security: Installer does a chmod 600 on the backups of the old ISPConfig installation so that only root can read them.

Download
    --------

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-2.2.12-beta1.tar.gz

2. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

I'm to far from my servers at the moment to test it (in case if it goes wrong).

So for now I'll skip the testing.

I'm sorry about this.

3. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Update report

Till,

It was my first ISPConfig update on Debian Etch.
    I have downloaded this new beta version on my Debian Etch test-server with php5+mod & php5-cgi+suPHP enabled.
    The installation went fine, no errors at all.
    Within ISPConfig itself everything works and within the headers of the email, i see that ClamAV is functioning.
    First impressions looks ok! Thanks for your work again.
    I hope that others have the possibility to test it too.

Attached Files:

4. Hans

One thing found:

I reported some time ago that it was not possible to forward a domain to a location with "~" in it. This is still not fixed.

For example a forward to http://www.domain.com/~username is not possible.

It would be nice if that can be fixed for the new release.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  5. till

edge: thats no problem at all :) The beta releases should be tested on testservers if possible and not on a production system.

Hans: Thanks for testing it :) This bug was not fixed yet because I planned the release in 1 -2 weeks and not yet. But the Clamav vulnerability was faster :( I fear that this bugfix has to wait until the next release because what I read the clamav problem is really serious and I can not wait with the next ISPConfig release for 1 week until I finished the last bugfixes.

I will try to make the next release fewer or release a fix for the remaining bugs as hotfix.

6. till

Hi Hans, I just made a new beta release which includes your bugfix :) And thenk you very much for testing the beta releases, that's a great help!

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-2.2.12-beta2.tar.gz

7. Hans

First, i want to thank you for the beta2 version, which includes the bugfix.
    I have a test-server Till, so for me it is no problem to help you this way.
    By testing new things first, we can avoid problems on production servers as much as possible.
    So, for me it is important and for this reason i like to give it attention.

Here is my experience with ISPConfig 2.2.12 beta2:

The installation was ok, no errors.
    ClamAV seems to work
    The ISPConfig userinterface looks fine
    And last but not least, you've fixed the bug within the forward function.
    When i forward a domain to another location i.e. http://www.domain.com/~username it works!
    Thanks for your great support!!