ISPConfig 2.2.25 released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Aug 29, 2008.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 2.2.25 is available for download.

This ISPConfig release adds an interface for creating PTR records. It contains many small enhancements and several minor bugs were fixed.

Detailed Changelog
    ------------------

- Updated Clamav to 0.93.3.
    - Converted linebreaks in config.inc.php to unix linebreaks.
    - Fixed a bug in the regex for the name of the user in the mailuser login.
    - Added turkish language files.
    - Replaced "AllowOverride None" with "AllowOverride Indexes AuthConfig Limit FileInfo" in the Python section of a vhost to allow .htaccess files.
    - Added option to redirect to a custom URL after logout from ISPConfig; the URL can be defined in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php.
    - Added a second password field to the Mailuser interface to avoid typos when users try to change their passwords (password confirmation).
    - Changed Javascript code to stop loading the tree menu infinitely in some browsers.
    - Replaced deprecated configuration options from clamav.conf with new directives.
    - Added new section in the DNS Manager that allows the individual creation/management of PTR records.
    - Bugfix: "Create DNS" checkbox must not create A Record when the record is already existing as CNAME record.
    - Bugfix: DNS records were created when shell access was enabled and FTP disabled; this is now fixed.
    - Added domain name/hostname checks for slave and PTR records.
    - Bugfix: A bug in the spanish language files has been fixed.

Download
    --------

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads.htm

Forums
    ------

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums

Installation Instructions
    -------------------------

Download the ISPConfig-2.2.25.tar.gz from ispconfig.org:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ispconfig/ISPConfig-2.2.25.tar.gz?download

Installation on the shell as root user:

tar xvfz ISPConfig-2.2.25.tar.gz
    cd install_ispconfig
    ./setup

The installer automatically detects the installed ISPConfig version and
    performs an update.

2. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Once again thank you for this update.

3. pcotter

pcotter New Member

Thanks! Update went smooth in Debian etch.
    Keep up the good work guys!

4. Norman

Norman Member HowtoForge Supporter

Update went fine on debian etch here.

But on one SUSE 11 system the setup refused to compile due to the -mtune issue in openSSL.

Now, when running the setup script again it did a complete reinstall of ispconfig rather than upgrade.
    But seemed to leave DB untouched from ver 2.2.24 . How can I manually update the 2.2.24 db to 2.2.25 ?

I'll try setting the default-character-set=latin1 in my.cnf and run an update and see if it works.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  5. Norman

Update: seems to work now, adding PTR record displays properly rather than "document type not found".

6. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Update successful

Last night, i've updated my two Debian Etch servers with ISPConfig 2.2.25. Everything went fine! Thanks for the nice work. :)

7. commentator

commentator Member

Upgrade works ok on debian etch

Upgrade not working on debian lenny.

8. Norman

Workaround to get it to work on debian lenny:

Go to compile_apps , unpack openssl-0.9.7m.tar.gz
    edit Configure and Makefile and change all instances of -m486 to -mtune=i486 .

Run
    "tar -pczf openssl-0.9.7m.tar.gz openssl-0.9.7m" to repack dir, remove the unpacked directory.

Make sure you do this before running ./setup on any upgrades in the future until this is fixed in ./setup package.

9. matrixn

matrixn New Member

I have upgraded from 2.2.24 to 2.2.25 on SuSE 11.0 system and it works like a charm... i`ve got no errors during the setup...

Thanks for this update...

10. indie1982

indie1982 Member

I've got a few servers here running 2.2.23 and just wanted to know if anyone had any problems upgrading to 2.2.25 on Ubuntu Hardy Heron?

11. acidh

acidh New Member

upgraded from 2.2.18 to 2.2.25, all went fine, exept the fact that php is stil at version 5.1.2, and not @ the supposed 5.2.6.

Anyone has the same problem ?

12. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

Do you talk about php that is running on the apache of ISPConfig (Port 81) or the one that is running on your apache that is serving your webpages (Port 80) ?

13. indie1982

indie1982 Member

Trying to upgrade from 2.2.23 on an up to date Ubuntu Hardy Heron install I get the same error as commentator:

And I noticed that at the start of the install it identified the system as Debian.

Should I just make the changes that Norman suggests?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  14. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Yes, I'd try that.

15. indie1982

indie1982 Member

When I re-run ./setup it says it is doing a new install and not an upgrade.

How do I get it to upgrade and not do a new install?

16. till

Run:

mkdir /root/ispconfig

and then the setup script again.

17. indie1982

indie1982 Member

Right I extracted the openssl files, edited the Configure and Makefile, removed the original archive, re-archived it, made /root/ispconfig and ran ./setup.

I get the following:

Any ideas where to go from here? I need to get the websites back up and running.

Can I just reinstall 2.2.23 over 2.2.23? Would that work?

18. till

Yes, that should work.

19. indie1982

indie1982 Member

Well I tried to install 2.2.23 over the existing 2.2.23 installation and I get the same error message... Very odd.

Here's my install log...

I'm a bit worried about the line: WARNING: could not unpack ISPConfig system

That's been in the log no matter which version I use 2.2.23, 2.2.25 or the modified 2.2.25.

20. till

Ok, this means that the problem is not caused by the new ispconfig version, there must have been something changed since the last install of 2.2.23.

Please post the output of:

df -h