ISPConfig 2.2.35 | Error: The domain belongs to another client

Discussion in 'General' started by Hans, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Within ISPConfig 2.2.35, i deleted a web within one single click.
    Everything which belongs to the web, like the domain name, mailboxes and the MySQL database including the website itself, where transfered to the recycle bin, which is normal.
    Because, i wanted to delete everything permanently, i emtied the recycle bin as well.
    After that i wanted to created the same domain as a co-domain for another website, which belongs to a different client. I could not do that, and an error occured, which says:
    "The Domain belongs to another client."

This is no good, because i deleted the domain earlier in the way i descibed above.
    The site manager shows me that the client from which i deleted the domain name, does not contain any data anymore.

Now i want to know, how i can solve this problem, because i need to re-create the domain name again.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The domain must be still there if you get this error. Please check the recycle bin again to ensure that it is really empty. If you dont find it there, use the search function.

3. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Hi Till,
    I looked everywhere and also used the search funtion, but the domain name isn't there.

The only thing i see is that the recycle bin shows the message:

Note: Items remaining in recycle bin after emptying are currently in update state. Please try to delete them later.

4. till

Ok. then there must be a broken relation in the database for this domain record. Thats not problematic, to be able to add the domain as website again, take a look in the isp_isp_domain table, find the co-domain and rename the domain name there. E.g. when your domain is example.com, rename it to example.tld. Then you should be able to add the website.

5. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Thank you Till for your reply.
    In the mean time i found the domain record within the isp_isp_domain table.
    It was easy to find because it was a domain with a dedicated IP.
    Instead of renaming, I prefer to remove the record of the domain within the isp_isp_domain table.
    I think that is possible as well, but i have to know which other related records has to be deleted as well.
    Can you tell me which records these are?

6. till

You have to delete the record from isp_nodes where the doctype_id and doc_id match and then the record from the isp_dep table where the child_doc_id and child_doctype_id match the doctype_id and doc_id of the record in isp_isp_domain.

7. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Thank you Till for this useful information.
    To be sure, with "You have to delete the record from isp_nodes where the doctype_id and doc_id match (match what?)" you mean that the doctype_id and doc_id within the isp_nodes table must match the doctype_id and doc_id within the isp_isp_domain table? or am i mistaken?

8. till

Yes. There should be just one record in the isp_nodes table that has the same doc_id and doctype_id then the record in the isp_isp_domain table.

9. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Thanks Till, with this information i can do it. :)