ISPConfig 2.2.5 released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Jul 18, 2006.

1. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

If you mean this: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showpost.php?p=33741&postcount=16
    you just need to replace the contents of the file.

Where exactly?

2. bersi

bersi New Member

Update 2.2.3 -> 2.2.5 does not work

Hi,
    as said in the upgrade instructions one should upgrade from 2.2.3 to 2.2.5 directly, thus avoiding the fault in 2.2.4. But this does not work for me. The installer first kills the mysql daemon and then complains about it. restarting the mysqldaemon does not help since the installer stops it again and then complains about it again.......
    Any ideas, ignore the direct 2.2.5 upgrade and run both, the 2.2.4 and then the 2.2.5??

regards
    thorsten

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This problem is not related to the fact that you skipped one version number, it does not make any difference if you install 2.2.4 first.

Is this the first update on this server or did prior updates work?
    Which linux distribution do you use?
    Does the start / stop script for your mysql database in /etc/ini.d works correctly if you use it manually?

4. bersi

bersi New Member

Hi Till,
    linux is Mandriva 2006 (install sees that corectly)
    /etc/init.d/mysqld start / stop works (but it is init.d not ini.d as you qoute (typo?))
    I had the same problem when directly updatting from 2.2.1 to 2.2.3. Solved that by first upgrading to 2.2.2 and then to 2.2.3.
    Hope that answers your questions?

Thorsten

5. badben

badben New Member

I had this problem, just stop mysql and then try again.

6. bersi

bersi New Member

Yep,
    That solved it (but it remains weird... and should be looked into)

bersi

7. falko

8. zod

zod New Member

Installing over ISPConfig 2.11

Hello!

I'm on a prod. server, and willing to install 2.25 over 2.11. Can update be done simply as over newer versions? What should I backup before starting the process not to loose user data. (I suggest: ISPConfig database, /root/ispconfig, and /home/admispconfig, any others?) If install fails can I restore the original state by simply copying files to their original places?

9. till

yes.

Thats sufficient. Make sure you backup the files including permissions e.g. with "tar pcfz ....."

Yes.

10. zod

zod New Member

2.11 -> 2.25 succeeded

Thank you! I have succesfully upgraded my ISPConfig installation. Thanks a lot!

11. Joffar

Joffar New Member

I upgraded from 2.2.3 to to 2.2.5 wihtout any issues. However when I restarted the ISPConfig server I got the following error:
    Code:
    shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory

It appears that everything is working, but since I havent gotten this message before I am curious if anyone know what the issue is.

Thank you!

12. falko

This means that you're running a command (in this case the command to restart ISPConfig) from a non-existing directory (I guess install_ispconfig - this directory is deleted by the ISPConfig installer/updater). You can ignore it, it's nothing to worry about.

13. Joffar

Joffar New Member

You're correct, I had to redo the certificate upon the upgrade and forgot to change the directory.

Thank you!

14. Chuvanan.org

Chuvanan.org New Member

Topic: ISPConfig 2.2.5 released
    Date: 18th July 2006, 11:29
    Please check "Date" server

15. tal56

tal56 Member

Sounds about the right date since it's 2.2.5 and 2.2.24 has just been released. Maybe you are thinking it's version 2.2.25?

16. czdavid

czdavid Member

I get error that my OS isnt supported - Debian 4 Etch...I dont know why..please help me..

17. till

Please post the content of the file:

/etc/debian_version

18. czdavid

czdavid Member

Content of that file is only: 4.0

But now it is ok, i was triing install 2.2.5(old version), i overlooked and right now i have sucefully updated to version 2.2.25 sorry and thank you :)

19. zalo

zalo New Member

I’m a bit confused, what’s the difference between ISPConfig 2.2.25 and ISPconfig 2.2.5??

I have installed 2.2.25 on my production server but then I saw this new post with version 2.2.5. Is this a stable release that should be installed?

Is there any reason why you went from version number 2.2.25 to 2.2.5 and skipped the versions between?

Regards
    Zalo

20. czdavid

czdavid Member

Version 2.2.5 was relased in year 2006, its definitly old version but reason why is latest version marked 2.2.25 and older 2.2.5...i dont know...