ISPConfig 2.2.7-RC1 available for testing

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Oct 6, 2006.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The release candidate (RC1) of ISPConfig 2.2.7 is available for download.

If no major bugs will be found, it will be released as ISPConfig 2.2.7 final within one week.

Please post bugs and successfull installations and updates in this thread.

This ISPConfig release adds support for Fedora Core 6, Centos 4.4 and
    mandriva 2007. PHP has been updated to 5.1.6, OpenSSL to 0.9.8d and
    SpamAssassin to version 3.1.5. Several minor bugs have been fixed.

Detailed Changelog
    ------------------

- Added: Support for CentOS 4.4.
    - Added: Support for Fedora Core 6.
    - Added: Support for Mandriva 2007.
    - Added: Danish translation of the Interface.
    - Added: Apache syntax checks can now be turned on or off in config.inc.php (default: on).
    - Added: Installer checks if gcc, make, and lex are installed. If not, it stops the installation.
    - Added: Support for charsets in salutatory emails for clients and resellers.
    - Added: The installer now takes account of changed values in config.inc.php during updates.

- Update: PHP to version 5.1.6
    - Update: OpenSSL to version 0.9.8.d
    - Update: SpamAssassin to version 3.1.5.

- Bugfix: Fixed a display bug in the whois script.
    - Bugfix: Slashes where not removed from autoresponder text.
    - Bugfix: Port 81 is shown as ISPConfig instead of unknown in Portscanner.
    - Bugfix: Customers can now delete their own databases.
    - Bugfix: Customer name wasn't displayed right in the "Move Websites" tool.
    - Bugfix: Number of MySQL databases was not counted correctly for resellers.
    - Bugfix: When the main domain of a web site changes, the old symlink to the web's directory is now removed.
    - Bugfix: Backup functions do now also back up files beginning with a dot.
    - Bugfix: Cron job creation could fail because of missing linebreak.
    - Bugfix: Fixed VAT calculation bug in invoicing module.

- Changed: Quota hard limit is now (quota soft limit + 1 MB), grace time is 7 days.
    - Changed: Removed the block that prevents changes while the item is being updated.

Download
    --------

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads.htm

Forums
    ------

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums

Installation Instructions
    -------------------------

Download the ISPConfig-2.2.7-rc1.tar.gz from sourceforge.net

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-2.2.7-rc1.tar.gz

Installation on the shell as root User:

tar xvfz ISPConfig-2.2.7-rc1.tar.gz
    cd install_ispconfig
    ./setup

The installer automatically detects the installed ISPConfig version and performs an update.

2. fobicodam

fobicodam New Member

Ill try it on a CentOS 4.4 this weekend ! :)

3. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

I think I will wait for the 'final' version :)

4. fobicodam

fobicodam New Member

Ill install it on a virtual machine, not in production, obviously.

If you didnt test it as beta you will find a lot of bugs on final versions, look .5 and .6 :p

5. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Testing ISPConfig 2.2.7 RC1

Falko & Till,

I have updated from ISPConfig 2.2.6 to 2.2.7 RC1 on a 32 bit Debian Sarge testing server.

This is my experience:

The whole ./setup procedure was perfect and without errors, so that's good.

When i visited the ISPControlpanel to login at http://192.168.0.10:81 (the address of my testingserver on my LAN) i see an error, which says:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php on line 102

When i restart ISPConfig 2.2.7 RC1 (as root) with the command:

/etc/init.d/ispconfig_server restart

This happens:

shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access pa rent directories: No such file or directory
    shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access pa rent directories: No such file or directory
    Shutting down ISPConfig system...
    /root/ispconfig/httpd/bin/apachectl stop: httpd stopped
    ISPConfig system stopped!
    Starting ISPConfig system...
    /root/ispconfig/httpd/bin/apachectl startssl: httpd started

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/admispconfig/ispco nfig/lib/config.inc.php on line 102
    ISPConfig system is now up and running!

----

I guess there is more work to do before releasing ISPConfig 2.2.7

6. Edi

Edi Member

Hallo

Update from 2.2.6 to 2.2.7-RC1 with Suse 9.3 worked fine.
    I got one errormessage:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/admispconfig/ispco nfig/lib/config.inc.php on line 102
    ISPConfig system is now up and running!

- Bugfix: Customers can now delete their own databases working

Version still says 2.2.6

Edi

Last edited: Oct 7, 2006
  7. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

I've corrected the error by changing the line 102 within file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php.

Change line 102 from:

$go_info["server"]["sudo_du_enabled"] = ; // enable sudo for gathering website file usage

into:

$go_info["server"]["sudo_du_enabled"] = false; // enable sudo for gathering website file usage

After that restart ISPConfig to see if there are no more errors:

/etc/init.d/ispconfig_server restart

Now, finally we can login into ISPConfig at http://www.mydomain.tld:81 to check more...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2006
  8. jockstrap

jockstrap New Member

I upgraded Debian 3.1 V2.2.6 to the new V2.2.7 ok also however I had the same error as HANS at the end.

Made the same fix as HANS and seems ok so far... Will test it out...

9. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

This happens because you run the command from within the install_ispconfig directory which doesn't exist anymore after the installation. Nothing to worry about.

10. falko

Do you know the value of that variable prior to updating? Was it set to false?

11. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

@ Falko,

Yes i checked line nr. 102 at one of my production servers, running 2.2.6 and indeed it was set to false

12. falko

Thanks! I've just fixed the problem in the svn repository. :)

13. fobicodam

fobicodam New Member

2.2.7 Bugs

Im testing it, ill put a list of bugs here..

1.- I guess you save the site settings even when mistakes are found.

Example: Create a reseller with 0 databases. Create a site for this reseller without databases. Modify the site to add one database (the reseller has no databases), an error message appears, but the "MySQL" and "1" are saved.

2.- Its may be related with number 1. When you create a site and there is a mistake (too many space, databases, anything) you still take the ID from the database... its not a bug, but it will be nice to check first, then save.

3.- Im installing joomla, everything seems to be right, just a little detail:

Session save path Unwriteable
    /var/www/web2/phptmp/

If you can set the owner to apache it would be great !

4.- I tried to add databases to the reseller, its fine, but when i saved appears a message "The reseller already has some DNS records, the DNS manager can not be desactivated" or something similar, so, the dns manager is active now. But what if i dont want this reseller to handle the dns server?

I tried to add, delete, move sites, create users, delete, ive check how many time the recicler bin is "busy" everything seems to be ok !!! il test it a few more days to check webalizer and another cron jobs but everything seems to be great !!!

-----------------------------
    EDIT: @Fabio: Moved that post here so that we have everything regarding the 2.2.7 in the rc-state in one thread... ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2006
  14. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Falko & Till,

Today, i had some time to test the ISPConfig 2.2.7-RC1.
    I am not able to test everything, but i want you to know that i did not find any major bugs anymore!

I hope that others will have a look to this version too, and report their experiences here.

One more personal note:
    I'm happy that we've the possibility to test RCs before the official version comes out!

15. falko

MySQL isn't displayed in the web interface if the reseller is not allowed to create MySQL databases. In the field web_mysql in the isp_isp_web table you'll find a 0 which means this web site isn't allowed to create MySQL databases.

The phptmp directory has 777 permissions, so everyone can write to it.

If the reseller can create DNS records and has done so already, and now you want to take this permission from him, you'll see the error message that the reseller already has some DNS records. If you still want to take this permission from him, you first have to delete his DNS records.

16. VMartins

VMartins New Member

falko,

I had the same problem, I saw before if $go_info["server"]["sudo_du_enabled"] = false; // enable sudo for gathering website file usage had false, and had. I put false after installation.

I decompress the installation file and the problem with restart was gone.

I followed your guide to Perfect Install in Ubuntu server. I don't know waht happend or what I do to do this error:

root@sol:~# /etc/init.d/bind9 restart
    * Stopping domain name service...
    rndc: connect failed: connection refused [ ok ]
    * Starting domain name service... [ ok ]

Do you have any tip?

Thanks,

Vinicius

17. fobicodam

fobicodam New Member

mmm yes, it was there.. that what i did, step by step. The problem is the webinterface modify the the mysql check and db accounts but didnt create them (its fine, cause the erseller has no databases), but every operation send errors, as no mysql dbs can be created..

Joomla sends errors till i set apache as owner, the same with the web folder.

No, he was not able to access the dns manager, the dns records were created adding sites. i dont want to allow my resellers to get into the dns admin.

18. jdell

jdell New Member

SpamAssassin 3.1.6 is now available

Hi,

FYI, you might consider updating to 3.1.6 since it was just released.

Thanks!

19. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

I do not know if Falko/Till can release this version of Spamassassin within ISPConfig 2.2.7.

If they can, it would be nice, as the latest version of Spamassassin contain some bugfixes.

20. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It's a bit too late, ISPConfig 2.2.7 has already been packaed yesterday evening and is already available on sourceforge. Spamassassin 3.1.6 will be part of ISPconfig 2.2.8, as there are no security fixes in spamassassin.