ISPCONFIG 2 nodes and 4 nodes with glusterfs

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by TiDjY35, Sep 12, 2014.

1. TiDjY35

TiDjY35 New Member

hello,

having had problems with the unison synchronization solution, I want to set up GlusterFS between my two servers.

These two servers in active / passive mode will feature as hosting websites and emails.

We plan to host 300 email boxes and 100 sites.

Later we would go on a cluster with four nodes always with GlusterFS.

What do you think

------------
    Damien SEYDOUX
    http://www.provectio.fr

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I had setup mirrors with glusterfs in the past and they all failed due to limitations in glusterfs. glusterfs is not able to handle many small files like you have it on webservers. therefor the last clutser guide for ispconfig uses unison and not glusterfs anmore like the first guide. Glusterfs is finr if you install a test system with one or two sites, but if you start to put ten or more sites on the server and you start to put traffic on the system, then access to the glusterfs system gets slower and slower. It might be that glusterfs fixed that in the meantime, but I have some real doubts.

For mailservers glusterfs works mostly, but not for web servers.

If younison did not work for you, then take a look at csync which is a good alternative. you can also let csync run on file change when you use e.g. inotify.

3. TiDjY35

TiDjY35 New Member

Thank you for your return.

we as virtines websites in terms of websites.
    There will be many more moves on emails boxes.

I look all the same csync I did not know.

Please for your feedback.

4. TiDjY35

TiDjY35 New Member

what do you think of csync2 ?

5. TiDjY35

TiDjY35 New Member

Csync2 does not delete files or directories on the remote host if they are not present on the source host?

6. till

7. Jonasd

Jonasd New Member

Hi
    sorry for bumping an old thread but it still seems valid...
    however after (happily) using unison for a while I'm suddenly stumbling upon out-of-memory issues.
    further research showed that it might be caused by ulimit, however that's already set to unlimited on my end. my actual % ram free also remains over 10% so that shouldn't be the issue either.

Is there another recommended program to use?
    csync seems very inactive 2, so unsure about that?

Kind regards, Jonas

8. till

I did not had such issues with unison yet, maybe there have a mailinglist where you can contact its developer. Basically you can use any software that is able to replicate files between 2 servers (and keep the right permissions on them) for this.