ISPconfig 2.x login name was simply [username]. In 3.x it requires [username@domain]

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by klonos, Aug 2, 2009.

1. klonos

klonos New Member

Title is self-explanatory...

I have all mail clients configured for ISPconfig 2.x and now (moved to 3.x) I have to edit each account's settings (in mail client) by hand and add the @domain.net part at the end of their credentials.

LOTS OF ACCOUNTS => LOTS OF WORK :(

Is there any way to have ISPconfig 3.x accounts use only the username part of their email address for logging in like in 2.x

Note: I only have one domain on this server, so there is no issue with future usernames of different domains using the same account (because there won't be any other future domains hosted in this server).

PS: sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't know how to search for it (since most terms are common in many posts).

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 3 uses virtual users, so the email address is the username. You cannot use just the left part of the email address to log in.

3. klonos

klonos New Member

Hey Falko, thanks for the reply. Long time since I've last posted something, but no news is good news I like to say. Anyways, to the chase...

I already knew about virtual users in 3.x, but I was hopping maybe for a hack of some kind *lifts shoulders*. That is since I don't plan to use this box as a hosting server for more than one domain. I simply plan to use ISPconfig as an easy (point and click) management GUI, that's all.

If anyone else has the same situation/issue and someday figures this out, please drop a line or two explaining how you did it.

Thanks in advance.