ISPConfig 3.0.0.2 Alpha Released

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by till, Jul 4, 2007.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The second alpha version of ISPconfig is available for download. The release is for testing only and to show you the progress in ISPconfig 3, it is not for production use of course :D

The software itself can be downloaded here:

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig_3.0.0.2-alpha.tar.gz

I will post a link to a vmware appliance later today or tomorrow when the upload has finished.

--------------------------------------
    Changes:

------------
    Mail Module
    ------------

- Added autoresponder function
    - Added custom maildrop rules.

-----------------------
    Monitoring Module (NEW)
    -----------------------

- View content of several local logfiles
    - Server status
    - Harddisk status
    - CPU information
    - memory status

-----------------------
    Web Module (NEW)
    -----------------------

- Create websites
    - Create subdomains
    - Create alis domains
    - create FTP accounts

--------------
    Server Module
    --------------

- Add IP addresses (this is implemented in the interface only)

And many bugfixes in many functions :)

System requirements
    --------------------

This release supports only debian Etch (4.0).

Installation
    -----------

It is recommended to use a clean (fresh) debian etch install where you just selected "Standard System" as package selection during setup. Then follow the steps below to prepare your server for ISPConfig 3:

1) Install Postfix, Courier, Saslauthd, MySQL, phpMyAdmin with one single command (one line!):

Code:
    apt-get install postfix postfix-mysql postfix-doc mysql-client mysql-server courier-authdaemon courier-authlib-mysql courier-pop courier-pop-ssl courier-imap courier-imap-ssl postfix-tls libsasl2 libsasl2-modules libsasl2-modules-sql sasl2-bin libpam-mysql openssl courier-maildrop getmail4
    Answer the questions from the package manager as follows.

Create directories for web-based administration ? <-- No
    General type of configuration? <-- Internet site
    Mail name? <-- server1.mydomain.tld
    SSL certificate required <-- Ok

...use your own domain name of course ;)

2) Install Amavisd-new, Spamassassin and Clamav (1 line!):

Code:
    apt-get install amavisd-new spamassassin clamav clamav-daemon zoo unzip bzip2 arj nomarch lzop cabextract apt-listchanges libnet-ldap-perl libauthen-sasl-perl clamav-docs daemon libio-string-perl libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-ident-perl zip

3) Install apache, PHP5 and phpmyadmin (1 line!):

Code:
    apt-get install apache2 apache2.2-common apache2-doc apache2-mpm-prefork apache2-utils libexpat1 ssl-cert libapache2-mod-php5 php5 php5-common php5-gd php5-mysql php5-imap phpmyadmin
    Then run:

Code:
    a2enmod suexec
    a2enmod rewrite
    4) Install pure-ftpd and quota

Code:
    apt-get install pure-ftpd-common pure-ftpd-mysql quota quotatool

5) Install ISPConfig 3

Code:
    apt-get install php5-cli
    Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig_3.0.0.2-alpha.tar.gz
    tar xvfz ISPConfig_3.0.0.2-alpha.tar.gz
    cd ISPConfig_3.0.0.2-alpha/install/
    The installer does not ask any questions yet, so everything must be edited in the config file before you start the installer.

Code:
    vi dist/conf/debian40.conf.php
    There are just two values that you should change:

Enter the mysql root password in this line. If the password is e.g. secret, the line should look like this:

$conf["mysql_server_admin_password"] = "secret";

The other line is:

$conf["mysql_server_ispconfig_password"] = "5sDrewBhk";

Replace "5sDrewBhk" with a password of your choice, the installer will create a new mysql database user named "ispconfig" and the user will get the password that you enter in this line.

Now start the installation process by executing:

Code:
    php -q install.php
    The installer will configure all services like postfix, sasl, courier, etc. for you. A manual setup as required for ISPConfig 2 (perfect setup guides) is not nescessary. To login to the ISPConfig controlpanel, open the following URL in your browser (replace the IP to match your settings!):

http://192.168.0.100:8080/

the default login is:

user: admin
    password: admin

In case you get a permission denied error from apache, please restart the apache webserver process.

UPDATE
    --------------------

Here is the link to the updated vmware appliance.

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ispconfig3_dev_appliance_a2.zip

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  2. bagpiperdude90

bagpiperdude90 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Well, if I have time in the next two hours, I'll install it on my testing server for everybody to preview. If I don't have time... I'll do it in two weeks when I get back in town.

3. madmac007

madmac007 New Member

Virtual Machine password

Hi Guys, downloaded the vm ISPConfig 3.0.0.2,
    tried using the default root password of "howtoforge" so I can change the ip address etc to my network.

What would the root passwd be please.

Thanks
    madmac007

4. till

The root password is "ispconfig " for this appliance.

5. madmac007

madmac007 New Member

Awsome

Thanks Till.
    Thanks also for a great site, glad to be a subscriber.

madmac007

6. gjcomputer

gjcomputer ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

just finished an install of the alpha, and i must say WOW, it is very attractive, as well as user friendly. the install process is surprisingly simple. my many compliments to the team

7. RandyJ

RandyJ New Member

I just downloaded the VMWare download... and got it up and running on VMWare Server.. however.. once the VM starts... it doesn't have any network interfaces... just the Loopback.

Did I do something wrong? None of my other VMs have this problem.

any help would be appreciated.

8. till

You mus choose to keep the MAC address when you start the vm the first time, otherwise you will loose the network interface as debian thinks that the network card has been removed temporarily and a new unconfigured card is added on ezh1 with the new mac address.

9. RandyJ

RandyJ New Member

Is the ISPConfig system installed on the VMWare download? I've downlaoded it.. and fired it up on VM.. and the ISPConfig system doesn't seem to be running...

10. till

yes.

Plaese make sure to select "keep MAC address" when you start the vm the first time, otherwise you will not have any network connections.

11. RandyJ

RandyJ New Member

I did that... I've recopied the VM image to VM Server... and Kept the ID when starting... but ISPConfig still doesn't appear to be running.. I can log in on the Linux machine... but it doesn't response to any browser queries... on port 80, 81... or anything else.

Am I doing something wrong on the new release?

12. till

Please have a look at the instructions in the first post of the thread, ISPConfig 3 listens on port 8080 :)

13. ozzykiev

ozzykiev New Member

hello friends a the new one. i wanna ask to is it suitable for using in company? is it safe or i have to wait to ispconfig 3 final? comments pls...

14. Ben

Ben ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Why do you post two times? In the newer post as well as here?!

15. ozzykiev

ozzykiev New Member

ok sorry guys it will not happen again.. thanks by the way. i think i will wait for final version. i downloaded the new one but i didnt understand that how use it :) if you have some guide book or doc. pls share with thanks again

16. Ben

Ben ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

If you extract the new one, read the installation guide, its a file something like INSTALL.TXT or so,... there is described what needs to be installed before you can run the installerscript.
    hth