ISPConfig 3.0.0.7 Beta released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Sep 21, 2008.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 3.0.0.7 Beta is available for download. This release is
    for testing only, it is not for production use.

ISPConfig 3 is a new Hosting Control Panel rewritten from scratch. ISPConfig 3
    is not a direct update for ISPConfig 2. Do not install it on a ISPConfig 2 server.

Features of ISPConfig 3 compared to ISPConfig 2
    -----------------------------------------------------

- Support for virtual mail users
    - Support for virtual FTP Users
    - Support for multiple Servers
    - Support for splitting of services to multiple servers
    (Database, web, FTP and DNS can be on different servers).

Download
    -----------------------------------------------------

The software itself can be downloaded here:

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3.0.0.7-beta.tar.gz

ISPConfig 3.0.0.7 Beta is also available as ready to run VMWare virtual
    machine based on Ubuntu 8.04 (Jeos).

Download of the VMWare image:

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig_3.0.0.7_ubuntu_jeos_804.zip (approx. 600 MB)

When you run the vmware image the first time you will be asked to keep
    or create a MAC address. Select "keep", otherwise the networking wont work.

The root password of the VM is set to "ispconfig", the IP address is
    192.168.0.105 and has to be reconfigured in /etc/network/interfaces
    to meet your network requirements. The ISPconfig Interface login is:

http://192.168.0.105:8080/

User = admin
    Password = admin.

Changes:
    --------------------------------------

- Added support for openSUSE 11.0
    - Added support for Fedora 9
    - Added support for CentOS 5.2
    - Added russian translation.
    - Updated Dutch language files. Many thanks to Hans for the translation.
    - Addad a function to disable poip3 and imap per user account.
    - Disabled spam and virus notifications for the admin user. Can be overridden by the policies in mysql.
    - Added a keepalive script to keep the session alive as long as the browser window is open.
    - Added a tools module.
    - Added a form to change the language and password of the current user.
    - Added translation functions for the tabs of forms.
    - Network Configuration through the ISPConfig interface for debian and compatible linux distributions.
    - Disabled suphp_UserGroup directive by default to make the setup compatible with the suphp compile options from most linux distributions. If you want some extra security, enable this directive again and recompile mod_suphp with the the option --with-setid-mode=paranoid
    - Users can reset their login password now. The password is sent by email to the email address listed in the client account settings.

- Many bugs were fixed, see bugtracker:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/index.php?string=&project=3&due[]=12&status[]=closed&do=index

For a detailed changelog, please have a look at the SVN history with a SVN client of your choice:

svn://svn.ispconfig.org/ispconfig3/trunk/

Known Issues:

Please have a look at the bugtracker:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org

BUG Reporting

This is a Beta release and we invite everone to report bugs. Bugs can be either reported
    in the ispconfig forum (preferaböe to this forum thread) or you sign up for a account
    in the ISPConfig bugtracking system and sent a email to dev[at]ispconfig[dot]org with your
    bugtracker username and and the request to activate your user. Due to massive SPAM problems
    we had to dectivate the automatic activation of bugtracker accounts.

Supported Linux Distributions
    -----------------------------
    - Debian 4.0 (Etch).
    - Ubuntu 7.10
    - Ubuntu 8.04
    - OpenSuSE 11 (experimental)
    - CentOS 5.2 (experimental)
    - Fedora 9 (experimental)

Installation
    --------------------

The installation instructions for ISPConfig can be found in the text files (named INSTALL_*.txt)
    which are inside the ISPConfig-3.0.0.7-beta.tar.gz file.

Update
    --------------------

To update existing ISPConfig 3 installations, run these commands on the shell:

cd /tmp
    wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3.0.0.7-beta.tar.gz
    tar xvfz ISPConfig-3.0.0.7-beta.tar.gz
    cd ispconfig3_install/install
    php -q update.php
    rm -rf /tmp/ispconfig3_install
    rm -f ISPConfig-3.0.0.7-beta.tar.gz

2. Snowman

Snowman Member

lol, all tickets are closed ?
    Can i ask you what else will be included in the ISPC3 ?

3. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Thanks for the new release and update instructions.
    I will try to update from 3.0.0.6 beta to 3.0.0.7 beta later on this week.

4. till

And sure the tickets are closed on finished finished tasks ;)

Go to the bugtracker and click on the roadmap :)

5. Snowman

Snowman Member

But I still the idea of that mysql on ispc3 should use ssl to communicate between nodes. By default.

6. NIXin

NIXin New Member

The VMWare image is using a non-standard keyboard layout (german), is there a quick way to switch it back to US standard?

Best regards,
    NIXin

7. till

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  8. NIXin

NIXin New Member

Yup, but this is english speaking community, so the vmware image should be english by default too ;)

Fortunately I figured out where the dash "-" sign is.

But I can't seem to be able to change the keyboard layout - when I try "dpkg-reconfigure console-data" get an error saying "console-data" is not installed.
    I can't install console-data either, cause network isn't configured. And there is no nano or mcedit, and since I have no idea how the german layout looks I couldn't possibly use vi. So I'm stuck - with no internet access, not default keyboard layout that I can't change w/o internet and unable to edit /etc/network/interfaces... :(

EDIT:
    I managed to get internet connectivity, by using the windows on-screen keyboard to type: cat > /etc/network/interfaces and change the default interface to DHCP.
    So I installed console-data, configured it to qwerty/English. It didn't change a thing. I even added another user to see if the changes may reflect only new users. Nope. Both root and my user still use the German layout.

EDIT2:
    dpkg-reconfigure console-setup (the step described for Ubuntu) worked. It actually had to recreate the initrd image. o_O

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  9. till

No Problem. I will release the VM in future only for the german community and you can build the vm for the english community yourself :)

Google search: German keyboard Layout

http://carbon.cudenver.edu/~tphillip/german-keyboard-a.jpg

10. snoke

snoke New Member

I was testing the new version of ispconfig 3 and liked a lot, the system seems very fast, has not yet had an opportunity to test load. However I think it might be improved in terms of design. I'am a Web Designer and I am willing to work on this project. I can develop a template for the ispconfig with improvements in usability of the entire control panel and improments in look and feel.

I trust and i like ISPCONFIG! :)

11. till

I new theme would be great indeed :)

All Theme related files are in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/themes/

Make a copy of the default folder and name it e.g. newtheme and then edit the files within this folder. The current theme is just a "developer" version based on old style tables and not div / css and should be replaced until the final version.

If you have any questions, either post them in the devlopment forum or send me a pm.

12. NIXin

NIXin New Member

If you think so ;)

Well, it's not that I didn't google it - I did, and found exactly the same image as you. The thing is, that I don't know it and, also, I don't have one key that was needed. That's the ">" key, next to Left Shift. That's why I had to use the On-Screen Keyboard.

Cheers,
    NIXin

PS
    I'm currently translating the ISPConfig 3 to Polish. :)

13. FallenDevil

FallenDevil New Member

VM for ISP 3

I have downloaded the Ubuntu VM for ISP 3, but am unable to use the networking!! i have set my keymap to my local, but according to the download page for the VM, it says on initial boot the VM should ask to change or keep the MAC address of the network - mine has not asked this. :eek: and the networking says no valid networks found. Even if i set it to DHCP in networking.

Any pointers appreciated.

14. till

Two solutions:

1) Look into the documentation of the vmware softeware taht you use and make disable the automatic assignment of new MAC addresses on the first boot. Then delete the vm folder, unpack ita agin and start it.

2) Or try this in the VM:

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve...33/m/720008741831?r=388009302831#388009302831

15. till

Additional note to solution 2), to fix the problem with the changed network card, you can try this:

rm -f /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
    /etc/init.d/udev restart

16. mphayesuk

mphayesuk Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi all, I know this is a pretty stupid question and should be met with a response of "how long is a piece of string" but roughly when will there be a full production release of v3. I am going to be moving all my customers to a dedicated server in a datacentre and would prefer to wait until v3 is out so that I am only changeing my customers data once.

Thanks everyone for the hardwork on v2 and v3.

Martin

17. FallenDevil

FallenDevil New Member

Thanks for the reply Till, I could not use the link to the other site as i do not have /etc/iftab on my system.
    However after running the above command and editing the persistant-net.riles to change the eth back to eth0 from eth1 - then rebooted and my adapter now has the pre defined 192.168.0.105 although i am unable to browse the site from my local machine.

18. Wojtek1

Wojtek1 New Member

websites

Hi !
    All websites in /var/clients is in client0 directory, no matter which client of 'client list' from panel own it ... is this normal behavior?
    Second question: my panel don't create symlinks domain_name -> web[x] in /var/clients/client0/ , any sugestion ?
    Future Request: perhaps client could use different location of web directory ?
    Structure like this: /var/clients/client_name/all_of_its_websites{domanin1, domain2 ...}/
    This feature will foster searching particular client if webserver will be used for hosting business.

Best regards!

19. pgedeon

pgedeon New Member

that didint work for me,

to change the keybord layout i did this

####
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-setup
    ####

had a bit of a problem with the network config, ubuntu renamed my network interface to eth1 from eth0 so to fix it all i had to do was
    edit /etc/network/interfaces to look something like this

####
    auto eth1
    iface eth1 inet dhcp
    ####
    **make sure you are on vmwares bridged networking other wise it will not be able to connect to outside networks**

then i decided to install a desktop so i can play.

####
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install xorg

sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude install kubuntu-desktop
    ####

20. till

No, thats not normal.

No. You may post it to the bugtracker and I will have a look at it in the next days http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org

He can do that already.

We will not implement it like this because renaming of a client would change thte path. We create symlinks for the websites and maybe we add a symlink for the client name too.

Best regards!