ISPConfig 3.0.1 to 3.0.1.1 Update Instructions

Discussion in 'General' started by sighkick, May 11, 2009.

1. sighkick

sighkick New Member

I tried to update an installation of ISPConfig 3.0.1 to the newer 3.0.1.1 and came across the error message stating that the database already contained tables.

This is currently a test site so no damage done - but trying to install the newer version on top of the old one is obviously not the way to upgrade [update].

I searched for any instructions but cannot find any with the search phrases I used. Are there any instructions on this forum?

Thanks to anyone who can shed any light on the subject.

I may have found the answer to my own question viz:

Update
    --------------------

To update existing ISPConfig 3 installations, run this command on the shell:

ispconfig_update.sh

The script will check if an updated version of ISPConfig 3 is available and then download the tar.gz and start the setup script.

If the ISPConfig version on your server does not have this script yet, follow the manual update instructions below.

Manual update instructions
    --------------------------

cd /tmp
    wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/I...-stable.tar.gz
    tar xvfz ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz
    cd ispconfig3_install/install/
    php -q update.php

Will try this.....

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  2. sighkick

sighkick New Member

Well strike me down with a feather....

That time it worked.

Previously I had tried to download the ispconfig-3.0.1.1.tar.gz and then run the update script, that's when I had the problem with the database already containing tables....

This time I used the Manual Update instructions and downloaded ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz. Running the script after unpacking worked a treat and actually updated to ISPConfig-3.0.1.2.

Would still love to have a HowTo manual for ISPConfig 3.x

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Your problem was that you had a svn release installed and not a released version and svn releases can not be updated with stable releases as the svn releases may contain more database tables then the stable version. The update to 3.0.1.2 worked because it has the same database tables then the svn version you installed initially.

4. sighkick

sighkick New Member

Ultimate UPDATE instructions for ISPConfig 3.x

I was unaware that the initial release was a SVN release ?

The update worked, but I could not log in as Admin.

Found the thread in the developer's forum re the same problem - can you provide the ultimate UPDATE instructions for ISPConfig 3 please?

I followed this instruction:

wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz

and ended up with version 3.0.1.2

The developers forum suggests getting:

wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3.0.1.2-beta.tar.gz

Is 3.0.1.2 STABLE now or do you run two versions?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Stable versions are the versions that you find at the top of the downloads page on ispconfig.org:

All other versions are testing versions are either betas or svn versions.