ISPconfig 3.0.3 Support > Send message and View message?

Discussion in 'General' started by edge, Oct 7, 2010.

1. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

How does the "Support > Send message and View message?" option work in the 3.0.3 version?

I've tried to send a message to one of my clients by using the Send message option, but the client did not get it.
    Also. How can a client send me a message by making use of this option?

Thank you.

2. ivomendonca

ivomendonca Banned

Is not working ? Never try it. is very complex for me.

Try the new manual maybe is there the formula to make that complex function work.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

@ivomendoca: The function had a bug in older releases, see relaese notes. So the problem is not with usability, it was just a bug which nobody reported for about a year ;) So if you found it before, why have you not posted it to the bugtracker?

It has been fixed now in 3.0.3 and will get improved further in 3.0.4

4. edge

I'm using 3.0.3 at the moment, but it looks like a 4.0.4. when using the "Support > Send message and View message" :)
    ie. How does it work? When I use the option, the message never arrives at the client.

5. till

The system is basically a private messaging system which is limited to the communication between a client and the admin user. On my test system, sending a message works, when I select a client as recipoient and then login as client, the client sees the message that the admin has sent to him in his message list. If you think thta there is a bug, feel free to report it to the bugtracker.

6. edge

Yes it's working for me now!

I needed to enable "help" in "System > Edit user > user in question > help"

7. ivomendonca

ivomendonca Banned

here is the bug

"I needed to enable "help" in "System > Edit user > user in question > help"

8. till

Thats no bug. It is intended that this module is disabled by default as it is not used by many users.

You can as well enable it for all users if you want to use it on your installation by adding it to the default module list in the ispconfig configuration file.