ISPConfig 3.0.4.x - Bug reports

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by erosbk, Nov 3, 2011.

1. erosbk

erosbk New Member

In monitor, I have all servers in green:

Server: site1.erosbk.com.ar (Debian Squeeze/Sid)
    ISPConfig 3.0.4
    State: ok (0 unknown, 0 info, 0 warning, 0 critical, 0 error)
    More information...

When I click on "More information...", this is the only showed text:
    Server: site1.erosbk.com.ar (Debian Squeeze/Sid)
    ISPConfig 3.0.4
    State: ok (0 unknown, 0 info, 0 warning, 0 critical, 0 error)

This happens with every server in a multiserver setup, inclusive main server (four servers, 2 dns, 1 site and 1 mx)

These are VMWare servers, in a local test enviroment (working perfectly with 3.0.3.3, now updated to 3.0.4).

Error log: ISPC Cron Log

PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/mods-available/monitor_core_module.inc.php on line 1118
    PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/mods-available/monitor_core_module.inc.php on line 1118

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thanks for the report, I will check that.

3. slyfennec

slyfennec New Member

I got the same but in a different environment.

I have only one dedicated server (1&1) with a RAID1 system disk.

I have the same bug in the general view.
    There's no text displayed in the raid status section, only a green line.

Don't know if it can help but i got this error in ISPC Cron Log since the update :

Error: (CLI:003) Specified controller does not exist.

4. till

I guess that this is not a bug. Your raid controller is not supported, so ISPConfig can not display any details about your raid.

5. slyfennec

slyfennec New Member

But it worked without issues before the update (3.0.3.3).

How can be sure of that ??

6. till

Which raid controller do you use?

7. till

The function has changed, so thats not a bug. the more info link switches to the details of that server. If no errors are there, then the details are the same then the info of the overview. We should change the transaltion to "switch to server" or similar though to make that more clear.

This are warnings from ISPConfig 3.0.3.3 and not 3.0.4.

8. slyfennec

slyfennec New Member

lspci says :

nVidia Corporation MCP51 Serial ATA Controller (rev f1)

9. till

Thats just a sata controller and no raid controller. Maybe you us ejust a software raid. Please post the output of:

cat /proc/mdstat

10. erosbk

erosbk New Member

This is the "more information" content in production servers (3.0.3.3).

Servidor: dns1.xxxx.com.ar (Debian Squeeze/Sid)
    ISPConfig 3.0.3.3
    Estado: ok (0 Desconocido, 0 info, 0 Advertencia, 0 Crítico, 0 Error)
    OK:
    El estado de espacio de su Disco Duro se encuentra OK [Más...]
    Su protección antivirus se encuentra OK [Más...]
    La carga de su cola de Email se encuentra OK [Más...]
    Su RAID se encuentra OK [Más...]
    Su carga de Servidor se encuentra OK [Más...]
    Todos los servicios requeridos se encuentran ONLINE [Más...]
    Su sistema se encuentra actualizado. [Más...]
    El sistema de Log se encuentra OK [Más...]

So, as I understand, function has changed to display "nothing" if all is ok, and, in case of errors or adverts, it will display them? is this correct?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  11. slyfennec

slyfennec New Member

Personalities : [raid1]
    md3 : active raid1 sdb3[0] sda3[1]
    150416512 blocks [2/2] [UU]

md1 : active raid1 sda1[0] sdb1[1]
    3911680 blocks [2/2] [UU]

12. slyfennec

slyfennec New Member

If you need more informations, i'm available...

13. till

Thanks, I dont need any additional informtion at the moment. I'am currently testing this on my servers.

14. hurl

hurl New Member

New mail domain & DNS template bugs

Hi here.
    First thanks for this new release.

However I'm hit by 2 new bugs after upgrading :
    - I'm unable to add a new mail domain: instead of having an input zone for the domain, I'm having a dropdown list with all the current domains already presents.

- I have a DNS template with only "domain" as required field. In the previous release (3.0.3), if I selected this template in the "new dns zone" form, domain was the only remaining field. Now IP, ns1 & 2 and email are requested. Moreover, the template seems to be discarded and seems to apply the default one.
    It seems that the html select for template fields is missing js.

Let me know if you need more informations.
    Regards

15. till

Thanks for your report.

It seems as if you enabled the domain module, which is a mechanism to control that new domains can only be added by the admin in the domain module. You can deactivate this under System > Interface config.

Thats already in the bugtracker and has been fixed in svn stable.

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=1842

16. hurl

hurl New Member

Thanks Till for the quick answer.

Yes, you're right. I totally forgotten that I've just enabled this, as this is the behaviour I wanted. Howere the domain module was not enabled for the admin user. So as I was unable to add a domain anywhere I though it was a bug. Sorry for that.

Also thanks for pointing me to the correct bug number. I've done a quick search but was unable to found this one.

BTW, is svn stable really ... stable ? for production use I mean.
    Is it a good idea to switch to it in order to have quick bugfixes, instead of waiting for official release ? Thanks

17. till

Thats not easy to answer. SVN Stable means that it is the basis for the bugfix releases for a specific major release. E.g. the SVN URL svn://svn.ispconfig.org/ispconfig3/branches/ispconfig-3.0.4 contains the fixed for 3.0.4 release. To install that code, you can fetch it with:

Code:
    svn export svn://svn.ispconfig.org/ispconfig3/branches/ispconfig-3.0.4
    and install it then by running the update.php script which is in the install subfolder of the downloaded code. A reconfigure for the services is not nescessary in most cases. At least if it are interface bugs.

The code should be stable, but has only be tested by the developer who did the fixes (thats me in most caeses) and hat not run trough the final tests on all plaforms that we do before the code gets released.

If you need a quick fix for a specific bug and and want to be on the save side, I would just download the code, then check in svn which files have been changed for that fix and copy just these changed files to your installation. Or you make a backup copy of /usr/local/ispconfig, /etc and the mysql and ispconfig database. Tis should be all places where the installer changes files and then use the update.php script to update your system.

18. gijs.noorlander

gijs.noorlander New Member

IPv6 network setup

IPv6 networking setup is still faulty.

For instance, when adding an IPv6 address, it's not that well to add a IPv4 subnet and -gateway.

For example:
    Code:
    auto eth0:1
    iface eth0:1 inet static
            address 2a00:1bd0:0:103:1::1
            netmask 255.255.255.192
            network 2.0.0.0
            broadcast 2.0.0.63
            gateway 194.50.163.193
    auto eth0:2
    iface eth0:2 inet static
            address 2a00:1bd0:0:103:1::2
            netmask 255.255.255.192
            network 2.0.0.0
            broadcast 2.0.0.63
            gateway 194.50.163.193

This is what was added by ISPconfig to /etc/network/interfaces.

It should be:
    Code:
    # IPv6
    iface eth0 inet6 static
            pre-up modprobe ipv6
            address 2a00:1bd0:0:103:1:0:0000:0001
            netmask 64
            gateway 2a00:1bd0:0:103::1

iface eth0:0 inet6 static
            pre-up modprobe ipv6
            address 2a00:1bd0:0:103:1:0:0000:0002
            netmask 64

The gateway it uses for all ethernet-devices and IPv4/IPv6 is always set to the same, even when you want to set a non-public local IP-address like 192.168.x.y
    The same for the netmask.

19. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

It's not recommended to let ISPConfig do the network setup (this is still experimental, see the manual). It's best to set it up manually and just add the IP addresses to ISPConfig.

20. gijs.noorlander

gijs.noorlander New Member

Android app doesn't seem to work anymore since update

It seems that the Android app for ISPconfig doesn't work anymore since the upgrade to 3.0.4
    Is this a known issue, and/or is there a possible fix?