ISPConfig 3.0.5-alpha1 available for testing

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by till, Oct 5, 2012.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The first alpha version of the upcoming ISPConfig 3.0.5 release is available for download. Alpha versions are very early versions released for testing purposes, it is not recommended to use them on production systems.

What's new

- APS package installer. See http://www.apsstandard.org for a list of available packages.
    - New web backup system which includes the website databases.
    - Mailuser login.
    - PHP version selector. Use different PHP versions for different websites.
    - Subdomains as virtualhost with separate directory inside the directory tree of the main website without rewriting.
    - Support for mod_perl2.
    - Improved default theme.
    - Global search function.
    - PHP-FPM support for Apache servers.
    - PHP-FPM mode selector in website options.
    - Hardened the website folder structure with new folder protection feature and stricter security settings.
    - Maintenance mode.
    - Password generator.
    - Password confirmation fields.
    - Directive snippets for Apache, nginx, and PHP can now be saved and be reused for other websites.
    - Forms can be submitted by pressing ENTER (you don't have to click the Save button anymore).
    - Many more minor feature enhancements and bugfixes.
    - IDN domains are converted automatically to / from punicode. (requires PHP idn extension from pecl)

Detailed Changelog

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/index.php?do=index&tasks=&project=3&due=45&status[]=

Download

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3.0.5-alpha1.tar.gz

Update instructions

Code:
    cd /tmp
    rm -rf /tmp/ispconfig3_install
    wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3.0.5-alpha1.tar.gz
    tar xvfz ISPConfig-3.0.5-alpha1.tar.gz
    cd ispconfig3_install/install
    php -q update.php

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  2. contremaitre

contremaitre New Member

just installed 3.0.5 in nginx debian cluster with unison
    looks fantastic. but aps installer has problems.
    tried with a basic wordpress site works great even though on the control panel it said installation error.
    the real problem is you cant delete the app installation after it just sits there.

3. till

Thats a known problem and described in the bugtracker.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Here's another feature that isn't listed above:

- You can now send emails to all customers or to groups of customers (called "circles").

5. Damieen

Damieen New Member

It sounds really well, it will be really interesting to use ISPConfiq 3.0.5- alpha 1 for the purpose of testing... going to download this app that is really looking full of new features.

6. Petr

Petr New Member

Hello,

1) in 3.0.5. alpha is possible create MySQL DB without User - it is confusing for the client.

2) it would be good to action create a DB user as in same dialog of the create DB , same as 3.0.4. version ( because I mean for to many clients will not understand they must first establish a user in step 1 and in step 2 create the database ).

7. concept21

concept21 Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

8. abdi

abdi Member

Till, will the finel version of this 3.0.5 come with command for creating a database user in API and assigning a user to a database?

9. till

Yes, this will be part of the final.

10. contremaitre

contremaitre New Member

will a direct upgrade from 3.0.4.6 be available to the new 3.0.5 when it is stable?

11. NETsite

NETsite New Member

Is there a how-to on installing multiple php versions on Debian (Squeeze) so that they are recognized by ISPConfig 3.0.5?

Thanks,
    Yves

12. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

The upcoming tutorials for Ubuntu 12.10 will have a chapter dedicated to this topic.

13. waltereyanu

waltereyanu New Member

Country Bug

just found a bug, in this version, when you change a client's country to a particular one, it remains to macerdonia.

14. till

Thanks for the report! We fixed that in svn already.

15. Berry

Berry New Member

APS is a great enhancement. We in my firm were also working on it, but I'm glad it will come with 3.0.5 ... if we see something we can contribute here we will gladly do.

16. abdi

abdi Member

Am not sure where problems came from, but my script was working fine in creating a g7cp_createdomain() command untill i upgraded to this 3.0.5.

Now I get the following error

DB::query(SELECT * FROM sys_user WHERE client_id = ) -> mysqli_query You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1#0 db->query(SELECT * FROM sys_user WHERE client_id = ) called at [/usr/local/ispconfig/interfaSOAP Error: looks like we got no XML document

Is this a BUG or a problem here at my ends ..

Atleast am very certain the client_id is present before calling the command ...

17. till

This is a bug in the alpha version which has already been fixed in the 3.0.5svn stable branch a few days ago.

18. abdi

abdi Member

I am using this SVN to update, please advice if its the correc tor NOT and what would be the correct one just incase its not the one ..

apt-get -y install subversion
    cd /tmp
    svn export svn://svn.ispconfig.org/ispconfig3/trunk/
    cd trunk/install
    php -q update.php

19. till

You use the wrong svn branch, currently you use svn trunk and not the svn 3.0.5 stable branch.

The svn stable branch is:

svn://svn.ispconfig.org/ispconfig3/branches/ispconfig-3.0.5

20. abdi

abdi Member

Thanks Till, that actually worked. One more question, does that update include creation of db users through API? I checked in the remote docs nothing yet there ...