ISPConfig 3.0 status

Discussion in 'General' started by vogelor, Mar 19, 2007.

1. vogelor

vogelor New Member

Sorry, i can't post to the developer forum, so i post it here.
    till - i actually have no time to help you coding - sorry!
    "but" i am willing to help you with some "hints".
    i am joining several days the qooydoo comunity (www.qooxdoo.org).
    this is a very good gui - framework.

1) @till have a look at it
    2) (also @till) think about firewalls and ajax. for example i have hade some code, calling the server several times (for example 3 time in 2 seconds). now the firewall at norton "thinks" this is an atack (because one IP tryes to send you data 3 times in 2 seconds). The result is, that norton BLOCKS the server for 30 minutes! (this is the reason, why i dropped working to much with ajax).
    an other problem ist the using of the httpxml transport in IE and FF. if you are NOT using iframes to post data, some or the virus-scanner thinks, your programm is a virus and blocks it!

if you like to know more - send me a mail!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hi,

thanks for the link. I know qooxdoo but descided I to use the YUI framework from yahoo as it offers everything we need with the nescessary felxibility and is not too bloated. The yui framework is also BSD licensed like ISPConfig.

This part of development is completed and wont be changed anymore before the release as this will cause additional delays and I plan to release the first ISPConfig 3 modules soon.

If Norton has a problem with ajax, norton has a problem with the internet like it works today. They will repair their product if enough customers complian abbout their product when it falsely blocks sites.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  3. vogelor

vogelor New Member

That's true!
    MY problem was, that my customers didn't believe, that this was a problem of norton (and in fact some other virus-scanner - ARRGGHHH!!!!). they thought it was my program which has the fault. so i had to change this in my programm (and not in norton).

maybe you wrote a hint in your documentation and that's all ;-)

4. till

Yes, i know these problems. How can a compyna like norton fail ... ;)

Yes, thats the least I will do. I hope that this problem does not occur because the initial axax components where loaded from 3 different scripts so it may work because the URL's differ.

5. vogelor

vogelor New Member

sorry, only in german (dont know it in english)
    Die Hoffung stirb zuletzt ;-)

good luck!

6. drakkan

drakkan New Member

Hi,

I seen the post in developer forum and it sounds great, finally ispconfig will use virtual user for mail, do you plan the same also for ftp? Another great feature could be password protected area using mod_auth_mysql,

thanks
    drakkan

7. till

yes.

I will see if I can integrate this too.

8. drakkan

drakkan New Member

Great !!!

Do you have a roadmap and/or a release schedule for 3.0?

thanks
    drakkan

9. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Not yet...