ISPConfig 3.1.15p2 daily backup slow

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by cougarmaster, Nov 25, 2019.

1. cougarmaster

cougarmaster New Member

Hi I have been using ispconfig for sometime and mostly from GUI and didn't do too much cli configuration. I have one website running and everything is fine and working very smooth. The only problem I have is when I set the daily backup (it works perfectly every day it backup at midnight )when it backup the mysql it uses a lot of resources and makes the website unusable at that time. I want to know is there a setting to make it use less resources during the backup of mysql? It takes about 15 mins.
    The machine is running on a xenserver as a vm with 4vcpu 4gb ram 300gb hdd through iscsi.

2. Steini86

Steini86 Active Member

Consider doing the backup at a time where less users are affected (usually 4 in the morning or so)
    The best solution depends a bit if you have InnoDB or MyISAM tables. See documentation: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/mysqldump.html#option_mysqldump_lock-tables

What you could try is adding "--single-transaction" in front of "--quick" in line 263 of /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/cron.d/500-backup.inc.php
    If that does not help, you can try adding "--lock-tables=false", too. However, that can cause some side effects and depends on your system

3. cougarmaster

cougarmaster New Member

Steini86 thanks for the reply greatly appreciated. I have the website backup at those time but people keep complaining. I will give your suggestion a try if not I will need to give to a hosting company.

Thanks
    Eric

4. Hamid87

Hamid87 New Member

In ISPConfig new versions, the path of the file changed to /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/backup.inc.php line 1216.