ISPConfig 3.1.1p1 Apache Websites reset to default ispconfig index.html after system restart

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by MartiniXLN, Dec 6, 2016.

1. MartiniXLN

MartiniXLN New Member

Hello,
    I've setup ISPConfig 3.1.1p1 with Apache, PHP5-FPM/FastCGI, Bind9, PureFTPd, Quota, Postfix, Dovecot on Debian 8.6.0 Jessie. I've completed the installation as per the most recent perfect server setup for Debian Jessie - no errors occured.
    I've created a client account and setup a few test websites - all was fine until i've restarted the system with the reboot command run on ssh console. After restart the panel is accessible but the websites content is reset back to the ispconfig default index.html
    Could someone please help me or give advice on how to overcome this issue?
    Thank you in advance,
    MartiniXLN

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ispconfig is not doing actions on system restart. Try to delete the index.html file and restart again to see if this is reproducible. I guess your problem is a side effect of e.g. adding a vhost subdomain to an existing website while using the website main directory as the directory for this additional vhost subdomain. The creation of the vhost subdomain will create a new index.html file in its root dir and if you selected that this root dir is the same directory of an existing site, then it may appear to you that this file reappears while it is a new file of the vhost subdomain and not the one of the website that you deleted before.

3. MartiniXLN

MartiniXLN New Member

Hello,
    I've managed to fix the problem by applying quota just to the partition with / mount point and not using separate partitions, also not using LVM.
    I have a question - how should i edit /etc/fstab to properly add quota for ispconfig 3.1 in case i choose to have /home , /tmp and /var as separate partitions and setup LVM?