ISPConfig 3.1 billing module

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by philgardner, Sep 24, 2016.

1. philgardner

philgardner Member

I see from the latest blog post that ISPConfig 3.1 will be released very shortly, which is great news – well done! I also see that there will be a new billing module. Is this a free or a paid upgrade from the current billing module? Is the current billing module compatible with ISPConfig 3.1, or will I have to update immediately? Apologies if these questions have been answered elsewhere.

Regards,
    Phil Gardner

GreggRed010 likes this.
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The update is free when you purchased the billing module license in the past 12 months (you can download the new version then trough your SendOwl download link directly after you received the update notification from SendOwl). Customers that purchased the Billing license more than 12 months ago get a rebate code so they can get the update for 39 EUR instead of the 59 EUR for a full license. The update includes 12 months of update protection again.

The current billing module is not compatible as ISPConfig 3.1 has a completely new UI which requires a new UI for the billing module as well.

3. philgardner

philgardner Member

Thank you for your clear and helpful reply. I look forward to the upgrade.

4. skriptura

skriptura New Member

Where and how can we get the rebate code for the update?

5. till

We will do a mailing to all customers later today. If you like to get the code right now, then please send me an email to info at ispconfig dot org with the invoice number of your current license.

6. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

quick related question:
    how does one remove the old billing add on if one is not going to immediately purchase the upgrade?
    I just updated to ISPCFG 3.1 and clicked on the Billing TAB and now my control panel is hanging and not responding anymore: http://take.ms/MfjWH

7. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

you can disable the billing module for the users.

8. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

well, for now, as can be seen in that screen shot, I can't click anything, cannot log out, just see that spinning icon.

9. till

Close the browser. Then open it again, login to ispconfig, go the System > CP user, edit the admin user and uncheck the billing module there. Then logout and login again which removes the billing module from the navigation bar.

10. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

closed the browser, re-opened it and I am still logged in and seeing exactly the same as in the screenshot.
    I had already tried an alternate browser but had similar issues. Managed to follow your advice using an incognito browser window.
    Still seeing the initial problem in my day-to-day browser though and very reluctant to empty my browser cache but I guess I need to do it to fix this.

Thanks for the advice.

11. till

Empty the sys_session table in the dbispconfig database. That should kill your user session as well.

Ovidiu likes this.
  12. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

still going to have to ask how to remove the old billing module as it stops me from deleting clients:
    1. This client has records in the billing module, therefore he cannot be deleted.
    I never used the billing module so I don't care about any of its data.

13. till

Delete all invoice_* tables from the database.

Ovidiu likes this.
  14. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

Till, I just tried to add a new client but when wanting to assign limits I get this error:
    Please help.

15. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

rm /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/plugins/billing_plugin.inc.php

and login again

Ovidiu likes this.