ISPConfig 3.1 Debian 9 Multi-Server Tutorial?

Discussion in 'General' started by Frankenstein, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Frankenstein

Frankenstein Member

Hey Guys,

i looked around and just wanna ask if there is any ispconfig 3.1 tutorial for debian 9 multi server build up? Otherwise the Debian 8 but with PHP7/PHP-FPM in place of php5?

Have a nice day,
    Frankenstein

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have used the manual and Perfect Server Guide. Reading the multiserver setup from the manual and Debian 9 installation and setup from the Guide.

Frankenstein likes this.
  3. Frankenstein

Frankenstein Member

Last night we set up the setup with Debian 8 and PHP 5.6. We would now upgrade all systems bit by bit to 9.x and then add PHP 7.2 as an additional version - later php 5.6 will be disabled and removed from the systems. Or is there a better idea by chance as we now bring everything up to date?

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Do you need Debian 8 now? If not, to me it looks like extra work to install Debian 8 if you immediately upgrade it to Debian 9. If you compare Perfect Server Guides for Debian 8 and 9, you see they are not identical. Debian upgrade does upgade the OS, but it does not know the differences between the two Perfect Server Guides. You have to go through the Guide after Debian upgrade to check installed packages and configuration files correspond to the Guide.
    You could begin with installing Debian 9, it comes with PHP 7.0. Then add PHP 5.6 and 7.2 as additional PHP versions.

Frankenstein likes this.
  5. Frankenstein

Frankenstein Member

Okay - done some snapshots of the farm and gonna start again with debian 9. Wish me luck^^

#edit
    masterserver runs fine...go ahead
    #edit2
    mailserver also runs fine...need a coffee
    #edit3
    db server is running now - easy going
    #edit4
    working on ns1 and ns2

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  6. Frankenstein

Frankenstein Member

Operation Systems now working with Debian 9, PHP7.0+FPM - Thanks :) When anybody is interested in full setup commands for all 5 servers -> i've documented all what i've done. Just PM me.