ISPConfig 3.1 Dovecot and Managesieve

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by kommid, Feb 27, 2018.

1. kommid

kommid Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    I installed an ISPConfig server on Debian 9 according to the tutorial at https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...-9-stretch-apache-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3-1/. Now I want to have the ability to create and configure sieve filters from within Roudcube, but my dovecot doesn't seem to have a filter section in its settings. I read, that the Dovecot plugin for ispconfig does support sieve filtering. How can I switch from my "preinstalled" Roudcube to the Roundcube plugin for ISPConfig?
    Best Regards
    Markus

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Just install the plugin in your roundcube. You can find it here:

https://github.com/w2c/ispconfig3_roundcube

But this is not related to managesieve. The Plugin connects to the ISPConfig remote API to add filters and does not use the the dovecot managesieve extension.

3. kommid

Thanks Till,
    is there a special way, how I install these plugins?

4. till

The maintainer of that plugin describes that on his website. You can find the link on the git page that I put a link to in my above post.

5. kommid

Thanks Till,
    this worked, but I just ralized, that the filtering options are more than rudimentary. Is there a way to activate managesieve on my mailserver? Sieve is such a powerfull tool that is completely cut down in dovecot and ISPConfig. I want to be able to filter messages by header information like by day and time etc and I want to be able to do so without manually poking in all the sieve scripts into the "custom rules" box in ispconfig

6. till

You can use managesieve, you just have to activate it in the dovecot configuration file. Just be aware that managesieve might remove sieve configuration written by ISPConfig like autoresponders, auto cc or filters.

kommid likes this.
  7. kommid

Oh, I can live with that, if I can do this with the managesieve protocol and my email client :)