ISPconfig 3.1 Installation / Upgrade

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by geraldm, Jan 15, 2016.

1. geraldm

geraldm New Member

I have upgrade yesterday one of my Testserver to ISPconfig 3.1 from git. The upgrade successfull but I can not log in.
    Then i deinstall ISPconfig 3.0.5.x and install 3.1 in a new database. also I can not log in.
    I look in the database and confirm password an user. Check port and connection. The system is a Debian Jessie and run perfekt mit the aktuell sable release

What is the problem?

Thans for Help. I am very excited about the new ISPconfig.

Ar any plan to release ist in the next Weeks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is this a nginx or apache webserver?

3. geraldm

geraldm New Member

Hi Till
    it is nginx.
    now i look in the log again:

the ISPconfig auth.log say:
    Successful login for user 'admin' from 10.0.0.46 at 2016-01-15 13:42:08

the login screen con again on Browser

nginx log's == no error

ISPconfig install Log: only the apps.vhost has a problem with the SSL configuration. I coment it out and nginx -t say all fine an start

ispconfig.log: no info

I can't see any error?

Thanks

4. till

Marius found the problem yesterday, it affects only nginx, but there is no fix in git yet. The problem is in interface/lib/app.inc.php line 73:

$cookie_domain = (isset($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']) ? $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] : $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']);

try to change it to:

$cookie_domain = (isset($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] && $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] != '_') ? $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] : $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']);

the problem is that nginx reports $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] as _ and therefor the cookie domain never matches with the url you use in your browser, so the lohgin fails as there is no active session.

5. geraldm

geraldm New Member

Thanks till

now i bekomme servererror 500

and in nginx erroro.log ar:

2016/01/15 14:16:52 [error] 9605#0: *27 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Cannot use isset() on the result of an expression (you can use "null !== expression" instead) in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/app.inc.php on line 74" while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.0.46, server: _, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/lib/php5-fpm/ispconfig.sock:", host: "10.0.0.24"

6. till

sorry:

$cookie_domain = (isset($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']) && $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] != '_') ? $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] : $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']);

missed a ")"

7. geraldm

geraldm New Member

but maybe one more ?

now i have:

2016/01/15 14:54:19 [error] 15732#0: *3 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/app.inc.php on line 73" while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.0.46, server: _, request: "GET /login/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/lib/php5-fpm/ispconfig.sock:", host: "10.0.0.24"

8. till

I guess I need a coffe :D

$cookie_domain = (isset($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']) && $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] != '_') ? $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] : $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];

almere likes this.
  9. geraldm

geraldm New Member

Ok, now i have a coffe

but no is no error in the nginx error.log
    The control panel have the same effect. I can log in, but the login screen come again.
    sorry no change.

Ar any plan to release ist in the next Weeks or months

10. till

I have to check that in detail, maybe we have to use a completely different variable on nginx as not all server vars are present. We will upload a patch the next days to git.

Yes, the 3.1 release is nearly finished, we just fix the last glitches in the UI.

11. geraldm

geraldm New Member

Hi Till,

ok, I will try it next week again. don't worry. Can you give a massage if yuo find the problem?

Nice to hear the release date is on the sky.

Thanks for your support.

Gerald

12. schliflo

schliflo New Member

Any updates on this?
    Bug still persists in current git version - would really like to test and report some possible issues, but am unable to do so as i cannot log in. Still very excited for 3.1 though ;)

13. till

We are currently doing the final tests of the 3.1 version on Apache, when the Apache tests are finished then we will test Nginx and will fix issues that occur on the Nginx platform only. The login works flawlessly on Apache, so you can test the current version on Apache right now or you wait until we release an official test version which supports Apache and Nginx.

Nemis likes this.
  14. till

The Login issue on Nginx systems is fixed now in stable-3.1 branch.

schliflo likes this.
  15. schliflo

schliflo New Member

i can indeed confirm that the issue is resolved. thanks!

16. chinitiw

chinitiw New Member

Hi , first of all , my congratulations for developers of the proyect , i try to install this new version and had an error during instalation process. Clean instalation on test VPS (php 5.6.18 , Nginx 1.8.1, debian 7)

In the install.php file changes the way of conect to mysql:
    if(@mysqli_connect($tmp_mysql_server_host . ':' . (int)$tmp_mysql_server_port, $tmp_mysql_server_admin_user, $tmp_mysql_server_admin_password)) {
    $conf['mysql']['host'] = $tmp_mysql_server_host;
    $conf['mysql']['port'] = $tmp_mysql_server_port;
    $conf['mysql']['admin_user'] = $tmp_mysql_server_admin_user;
    $conf['mysql']['admin_password'] = $tmp_mysql_server_admin_password;
    $conf['mysql']['database'] = $tmp_mysql_server_database;
    $conf['mysql']['charset'] = $tmp_mysql_server_charset;
    $finished = true;
    } else {
    swriteln($inst->lng('Unable to connect to the specified MySQL server').' '.mysqli_error());

This way throws an error and can't conect to mysql.(missing parameter)
    Warning: mysqli_error() expects exactly 1 parameter, 0 given in /tmp/isp .........

If i change the install.php for an early version it´s ok. yesterday before commits to git.

if(@mysql_connect($tmp_mysql_server_host . ':' . (int)$tmp_mysql_server_port, $tmp_mysql_server_admin_user, $tmp_mysql_server_admin_password)) {
    $conf['mysql']['host'] = $tmp_mysql_server_host;
    $conf['mysql']['port'] = $tmp_mysql_server_port;
    $conf['mysql']['admin_user'] = $tmp_mysql_server_admin_user;
    $conf['mysql']['admin_password'] = $tmp_mysql_server_admin_password;
    $conf['mysql']['database'] = $tmp_mysql_server_database;
    $conf['mysql']['charset'] = $tmp_mysql_server_charset;
    $finished = true;
    } else {
    swriteln($inst->lng('Unable to connect to the specified MySQL server').' '.mysql_error());

In the first case , throws an error that said one parameter loose.

Thank´s

Chinitiw

P.D sorry for my poor english :(

17. till

That's already fixed in git stable branch.

Nemis and chinitiw like this.
  18. chinitiw

chinitiw New Member

Thank you very much

19. geraldm

geraldm New Member

i can indeed confirm that the issue is resolved. thanks!

looks nice

20. budgierless

budgierless Member HowtoForge Supporter

Is A new update to the manual coming with version 3.1??