ISPConfig 3.1 + managesieved - update will break my configuration?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ang3lx, Dec 30, 2016.

1. ang3lx

ang3lx Member

Hello,
    i've decided to enable filters and vacation message with sieve rule in rainloop on Ubuntu 16.04 with ISPConfig 3.1
    so i've installed
    Code:
    apt-get install dovecot-managesieved
    and edited file /etc/dovecot/conf.d/20-managesieve.conf
    but to get it works i've edited /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf from
    Code:
    protocols = imap pop3
    to
    Code:
    protocols = imap pop3 sieve
    my question now is: When I will update ISPConfig 3.1 with new version or subversion, it reconfigures services.. so dovecot will be reconfigured again
    ispconfig update script will see that there is dovecot-managesieved on system and re-add sieve in prodocols setting into /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf? or I should do it manually?
    thanks in advance

2. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

You can setup auto-responder directly in ISPConfig.

Also other filtring can be setup in ISPConfig. Just go to the ISPConfig site and enter full email address and associated password.

3. ang3lx

ang3lx Member

Yes, this could be a solution! but explain to customers why should log into two panels... is not friendly :D
    Now with rainloop is all very easy, but i'm afraid to lose adding into /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf after ispconfig update

4. jon

jon Member

I would like the same thing. Managesieve is much nicer for mail filtering, as it can filter on CC:(why can't the ispconfig one do that?!)

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can use managesieve extension as described in the first post, just ensure to store a custom dovecot conf master file to make your changes update safe. And ispconfig has a field where you can add all kind of sieve rules in the same way managesieve is doing it, so you can filte by anything you want incl. cc there in ISPconfig.

jon likes this.
  6. jon

jon Member

Could you expand on this? I haven't been able to make it work properly