ISPConfig 3.1 - MariaDB/MySQL - Copy/move client DB from old ISPConfig server???

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by danhansen@denmark, Apr 14, 2019.

1. danhansen@denmark

danhansen@denmark Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,

I have a ISPConfig 3.1 server on Ubuntu Server 18.04.2, clean installation and are moving my clients over from the old IPSConfig server. The old server runs on Ubuntu Server 12.04.5 and has MySQL database. Some of my clients has internet shops and we are trying to move the entire database instead of creating them all from scratch. Anybody who has done this? Who can tell us how to move the entire DB and make the sites work again.

Do we make a backup of the DB in ISPConfig, in PhpMyAdmin or directly in MariaDB/MySQL? Are these DB's compatible with each other at all?

If it hadn't been a Internet Store, I would have tried to do it on the fly, but since it's whole stores and I don't to mess things up. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I've got my backups html and SQL from the ISPconfig's CP. But I seem to remember I've tried this once. And that wasn't a success. I tried to import a SQL backup from ISPconfig's backup function. They weren't compatible.

Well, if PhpMyAdmin is the way to do it, it's this in PhpMyAdmin I'm unsure of. I created a DB, same name and everything, but hit IMPORT in PhpMyAdmin I got these errors. Wasn't allowed to go forward.

Warning in ./libraries/plugin_interface.lib.php#551
    [​IMG] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Backtrace

./libraries/display_import.lib.php#371: PMA_pluginGetOptions(
    string 'Import',
    array,
    )
    ./libraries/display_import.lib.php#456: PMA_getHtmlForImportOptionsFormat(array)
    ./libraries/display_import.lib.php#691: PMA_getHtmlForImport(
    string '5cb31cbe68066',
    string 'database',
    string 'c1ildershoppen',
    string '',
    integer 2097152,
    array,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    string '',
    )
    ./db_import.php#43: PMA_getImportDisplay(
    string 'database',
    string 'c1ildershoppen',
    string '',
    integer 2097152,
    )

KR
    Dan

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Create client on new ISPConfig host, and then create website, database, FTP user etc.. Turn off the website so nothing is altering the database or files. Take database dump on old host. I usually use PHPMyAdmin, it is the easiest. Backup website files to .tar or .zip.
    Then restore files on new host on the new website, then restore database on the new host. Adjust configuration files on website if now hostname, database name, database user or something else is different.
    Should work, I have done numerous website moves this way.

danhansen@denmark likes this.
  3. danhansen@denmark

danhansen@denmark Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thanks Taleman ;)