ISPConfig 3.2.11 cannot generate/change email passwords

Discussion in 'General' started by Joe Polgar, Aug 15, 2023.

1. Joe Polgar

Joe Polgar New Member

I recently updated ubuntu and ispconfig, ubuntu is 20.04 not 22, not upgraded php to latest, but somehow now i can not generate email passwords, they not work, and i cant find logs according to these operations, tried all browsers old IE included, password change not working, deleted email account, recreated, still no go, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks !

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

How did you test that password? E.g. RoundCube might report a password failure when it is unable to connect to the server. And did you try to create a password without special chars, does that work?

3. Joe Polgar

Joe Polgar New Member

Yes tried with and without special characters, tried generating passwords on external sites, and im using my own account as test with roundcube, and it works, so now as i see, i cannot create new email accounts nor change the passwords, strange. Forced ispconfig update with reconfiguring services, still no go.

4. till

Might be a problem with PHP then caused by the upgrade, e.g. missing module like mycryt module, as ISPConfig on Ubuntu 22.04 works fine.

5. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

6. Joe Polgar

Joe Polgar New Member

php -m | grep mcrypt
    mcrypt

php -v

PHP 7.4.3-4ubuntu2.19 (cli) (built: Jun 27 2023 15:49:59) ( NTS )

Copyright (c) The PHP Group

Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies

with Zend OPcache v7.4.3-4ubuntu2.19, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

lsb_release -a

No LSB modules are available.

Distributor ID: Ubuntu

Description: Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS

Release: 20.04

Codename: focal

7. Joe Polgar

Joe Polgar New Member

8. till

RoundCube reports this also when it cannot auth or connect in general, so there is nothing wrong with passwords or authentication in the mail system, as you confirmed with Thunderbird and Outlook. It's likely just an incorrect setting in RoundCube config.

Joe Polgar likes this.
  9. Joe Polgar

Joe Polgar New Member

checked again the config, enabled logs (was completely disabled) and now its ok, somehow i mixed up roundcube directories, and the upgraded version autocreate users was false, thank you for helping me, and sorry if i wasted your time here

till likes this.
  10. till

No problem at all. It's great that you were able to fix it!