ISPConfig 3.2.11.p2 install apache2 wont start

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by rickbyronit, May 3, 2024.

1. rickbyronit

rickbyronit Member HowtoForge Supporter

Apache2 won't start after upgrade

Errors in apache2 error log:

[Fri May 03 20:03:38.267487 2024] [ssl:warn] [pid 2881] AH01909: server02.myserver.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name

[Fri May 03 20:17:52.300534 2024] [ssl:warn] [pid 6603] AH01909: server02.myserver.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name

[Fri May 03 20:17:52.317193 2024] [ssl:emerg] [pid 6603] AH02572: Failed to configure at least one certificate and key for server02.myserver.com:8890

[Fri May 03 20:17:52.317228 2024] [ssl:emerg] [pid 6603] SSL Library Error: error:140A80B1:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_check_private_key:no certificate assigned
    Press any key to continue...
    I would be happy to pay to have this fixed "As soon as possible" not sure how to go about it?
    Thank you

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

So one of the SSL certificate files must be missing.

You can find the ISPconfig support contact form on the ISPConfig website: ispconfig.org > Support > Business support:

https://www.ispconfig.org/get-support/?type=ispconfig

rickbyronit likes this.
  3. rickbyronit

Thank you Till
    I don't know how to create them manually, I normally use .acme.sh via ispconfig

4. till

First, you must try to find which one is missing. If its the ispconfig cert for the panel, then you can recreate it using ispconfig_update.sh --force command. If its a cert of a website, then disable that one site by removing its symlinks in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ folder, then start apache, login to ispconfig, disable LE checkbox of the site, save, enable it again.

rickbyronit likes this.
  5. rickbyronit

I'll have a go at it, thanks...

6. rickbyronit

[Fri May 03 22:46:27.167416 2024] [ssl:warn] [pid 14903] AH01909: server020.ozaccess.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name

[Fri May 03 22:46:27.184455 2024] [ssl:emerg] [pid 14903] AH02565: Certificate and private key server020.ozaccess.com:8890:0 from /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.crt and /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.key do not match

AH00016: Configuration Failed

7. till

Ok, yo aou have an issue with the ispconfig cert. Did you run:

ispconfig_update.sh --force

already and let the update create a new cert?

8. rickbyronit

server020.ozaccess.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
    Certificate and private key server020.ozaccess.com:8890:0 from
    /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.crt
    and
    /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.key do not match
    AH00016: Configuration Failed
    I removed server020 from sites enabled

9. till

So you must manually connected a site that has the name of the server with the ISPConfig cert, as sites do not use a cert in the folder /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/SSL/; the folder is reserved for the cert of the ISPConfig UI. Have you ran the ispconfig update command now?

10. rickbyronit

Thanks Till, Im back in business...
    You Sir are worth your weight in gold...
    100% credit goes to you...

11. rickbyronit

I spoke a bit to soon, I am now able to log in to ispconfig, but any buttons I click don't load.
    Not sure why.

12. rickbyronit

Yes I did run the update, and I said yes to recreate the keys.

13. till

Check the global Apache error.log file to see which error you get there when clicking on a button.