ISPConfig 3.2.8p1 multiserver setup in mirror

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Wayne Rolfe, May 5, 2022.

1. Wayne Rolfe

Wayne Rolfe New Member

I have a question regarding mirror servers. If I log into the slave server I can see all DNS and Email configurations under their respective tabs but the Sites tab remains empty on the slave server (the config files do exist under /etc/apache2/sites-available and sites-enabled) is this normal behaviour for ISPConfig, or should the sites be populated with the same info as the master server

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

My understanding is ISPConfig on multiserver setup has only one host where the panel can be used. I think this applies even to mirror of the host with ISPconfig panel. The slave can be made to master if the original master gets destroyed, but panel can not be used on both hosts.

3. Wayne Rolfe

Wayne Rolfe New Member

I understand you cannot use the slave panel to administer the server but I log in there every once in a while to ensure that the 2 servers are indeed in sync as in the past on another setup I had the server get out of sync even though the logs seemed to indicate otherwise and the only way I picked it up was by doing a spot check on the second server's panel

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

In the ISPConfig database > table "server" > column "updated" you can check the value and see if it's in sync. I wouldn't recommend logging into the panel on a different server and we don't support it.

5. AWHarvard

AWHarvard New Member

Having the same question about this topic.
    How to make the second (slave) panel server to the master so it shows the config from the old master e.g. Clients created on the old defective master?

Or would it still be possible to store the central ispconfig db in master-master replication on both servers? Any if yes, how to configure the slave to use this db?

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  6. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It is possible to use master-master replication for the database.

7. AWHarvard

AWHarvard New Member

Perfect, is this possible by the normal installer in expert mode (when sql replication is up already on our sql cluster) or any need to do sth different?