ISPConfig 3.2 - Changing Default Path & Symlink for websites

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Sisir, Sep 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Sisir

Sisir New Member

ISPConfig: v3.2.b2

By default ispconfig creates directory structure something similar like: `/var/www/clients/client[client_id]/[website_id]/`
    I want to change it to `/var/www/clients/[client_username]/[website_domain]`

So I have changed this in the settings and added a new domain. However this results a faulty symlink

Code:
    example.com -> '/var/www/clients/[client_username]/[website_domain]/
    string [client_username] & [website_domain] is not converted.

Find below a screenshot of the settings
    [​IMG]
    Here are few questions:

1. How do I generate correct symlink
    2. Now that directory structure has changed. How to generate config files for already added clients/domains.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This can't work as you used two placeholders which can not be used in paths because they are changeable by the user. As you can see, ISPConfig recognized your faulty path setup and did not replace the invalid placeholders to prevent further damage from your server.

The symlink was correct before you changed it. To get correct symlinks and a working setup again, undo your changes.

If you created already sites by using your wrong settings, then you must delete these sites. If deleting the sites does not work anymore, reinstall the server. And next time, do not use invalid paths and placeholders in these settings, keep the original working config.

3. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You already have a symlink that uses the domain by default: /var/www/example-domain.com

yehanny likes this.
  4. Sisir

Sisir New Member

Thank you for clearing up the confusion.