ISPConfig 3.2, Debian 11, PHP8.2, website no logs, error, access

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Petar, Dec 22, 2023.

1. Petar

Petar Member HowtoForge Supporter

Dear couleagues,
    I have a VM ISPConfig latest, 3.2.11p installed on Debian 11.
    For this website chosen PHP8.2
    In the log folder, no error logs and access logs are created
    In the /var/log/apache2/other_vhosts_access.log logs for this website are created
    the folders log, stat, ssl... are default from creation. I have compared its settings with folders from other websites.
    What could possibly stop the logs, is there any option or setting?
    How to diagnose this.

Thanks for your time and communication

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

When you enter the URL of this site in the browser, are you sure that you reach the correct site? Requests ending up in the other_vhosts_access.log only is a typical symptom of not accessing the correct site. Try to put a test file into the web folder of that site that e.g. contains a specific number or word and access it with a web browser to ensure that you really end up in that website.

3. Petar

Thanks till for the fast reply.
    Yes i'm monitoring the log with tail f and i can see every request. Its somhow that a certain script for this website doesnt copy the right logs in the log folder. How to check that? Can php8.2 have this sort of problem

4. Petar

Let me put he wright own and mod of the LOG folder, what should they be, just to be sure?
    chown root or the client/web?
    cmod of the folder? 755 or?

5. till

Check the /etc/fstab file if it contains a bind-mount line for this website. It is most likely missing, create a line for the website similar like the ones of the other websites and then run "mount -a" to activate it.

6. Petar

GREAT Its working.
    So if some of the logs are missing, then there is no mount in /etc/fstab
    Maybe you should put it as a quick solution in Q&A
    Whats more important, all the previous logs , zipped and all access and error logs were made instantly. I guess they were waiting in some qeue

Thanks again
    Best Regards and Merry Christmas

7. till

The logs are in /var/log/ispconfig/httpd/domain.tld/ folder, the bind mount is just there to allow ssh users of the website to take a look at the log files too.

8. Petar

Heh, if a knew that, i wouldn't bother you at all and i would have used them from there...