ISPConfig 3.2: postfix/proxymap: warning: unsupported dictionary type: mysql

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by musterschueler, May 29, 2021.

1. musterschueler

musterschueler New Member

Hello,
    please help: Since yesterday my postfix installation is not working anymore and throwing a lot of errors. I tried to force an update with `ispconfig_update.sh --force` to reconfigure postfix but that didn't help. As it seems everything is failing and I don't know where to start... There seems to be an issue with the mysql server:

Code:
    postfix/proxymap[9175]: warning: unsupported dictionary type: mysql (/usr/lib/postfix/postfix-mysql.so: No such file or directory)
    postfix/proxymap[9175]: error: unsupported dictionary type: mysql
    postfix/proxymap[9175]: warning: mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_outgoing_bcc.cf is unavailable. unsupported dictionary type: mysql
    postfix/proxymap[9175]: warning: mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_outgoing_bcc.cf is unavailable. unsupported dictionary type: mysql
    postfix/cleanup[9134]: warning: proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_outgoing_bcc.cf lookup error for "[email protected]"
    postfix/cleanup[9134]: warning: 57F7734401BD: sender_bcc_maps map lookup problem -- message not accepted, try again later
    postfix/cleanup[9133]: warning: proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_outgoing_bcc.cf lookup error for "[email protected]"
    postfix/cleanup[9133]: warning: 5C63F34401C2: sender_bcc_maps map lookup problem -- message not accepted, try again later
    postfix/proxymap[9175]: warning: unsupported dictionary type: mysql (/usr/lib/postfix/postfix-mysql.so: No such file or directory)
    postfix/proxymap[9175]: error: unsupported dictionary type: mysql
    postfix/proxymap[9175]: warning: mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf is unavailable. unsupported dictionary type: mysql
    postfix/cleanup[9134]: warning: proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf lookup error for "[email protected]"
    postfix/cleanup[9134]: warning: 5CED234401BD: virtual_alias_maps map lookup problem for [email protected] -- message not accepted, try again later
    postfix/proxymap[9175]: warning: mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf is unavailable. unsupported dictionary type: mysql
    postfix/cleanup[9133]: warning: proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf lookup error for "[email protected]"

This is my `dynamicmaps.cf`:

Code:
    # dict-type    so-name (pathname)    dict-function    mkmap-function
    mysql    /usr/lib/postfix/postfix-mysql.so    dict_mysql_open  

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You seem to have uninstalled some postfix packages. Redo mail chapter from perfect server guide.

3. musterschueler

Hi @till , thank you for the quick message. I already went over this guide over and over again but to no avail. All packages are installed and the configuration is as described.
    As background information: I was struggling with getting the php mail service running and tried to install sandmail. After that nothing was working anymore so I purged sendmail again. But it is a part of postfix, isn't it?

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Sendmail is not part of Postfix.
    At least on Debian GNU/Linux, installing one of them removes the other.

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Postfix includes a binary (or maybe a symlink?) called 'sendmail' for cli compatibility, but as indicated, you do not install the sendmail package. Reinstall packages as @till said, then you might reconfigure services with the ispconfig installer.

6. musterschueler

EDIT: Unfortunately, I cannot completely purge my mariadb because I use it for websites and applications. So I would love to avoid completely redoing the perfect server setup. I tried to do some more research how this issue might be solved. So far I did not find a solution with trying all those approaches, but maybe you guys can say better which direction might be most promising.
    1. Reinstalling postfix-mysql as suggested here did not do the trick: https://askubuntu.com/a/963703
    2. Changing permissions on the dynamicmaps.cf did not help either: https://serverfault.com/a/861145
    3. Neither did changing the absolute paths to postfix-mysql.so as suggested here: https://serverfault.com/a/976646
    Also, this is my postman list:
    Code:
    # postconf -m
    btree
    cdb
    cidr
    environ
    fail
    hash
    inline
    internal
    ldap
    lmdb
    memcache
    mysql
    nis
    pcre
    pgsql
    pipemap
    proxy
    randmap
    regexp
    socketmap
    sqlite
    static
    tcp
    texthash
    unionmap
    unix

Is there any service which is missing? I don't get why the mail log is showing me this, although this path and directory definitely exists:
    Code:
    postfix/proxymap[7817]: warning: unsupported dictionary type: mysql (/usr/lib/postfix/postfix-mysql.so: No such file or directory)

7. Jesse Norell

You were not instructed to purge your database, but to reinstall software from the perfect server guide, as you were missing at least postfix-mysql, and could potentially be missing other required software packages.
    I don't know why you don't follow the instructions given, but it does not help when you keep following random things you find in the internet and changing things even further.

As instructed above, reinstall all required software according to the perfect server guide, then reconfigure services with the ispconfig installer. If things don't work after that, report the symptoms/errors at that time.

8. musterschueler

Hi @Jesse Norell, thanks for taking the time to reply. As mentioned above, I went over the perfect server guide already before opening this thread. First of all I reinstalled those packages:
    Code:
    apt-get -y install postfix postfix-mysql postfix-doc mariadb-client mariadb-server openssl getmail4 rkhunter binutils dovecot-imapd dovecot-pop3d dovecot-mysql dovecot-sieve dovecot-lmtpd sudo curl
    I checked that mariadb is configured as shown in the guide. After that I made sure that the master.cf is configured as described in the guide. Then, I run ispconfig_update.sh --force. Is that correct or should I run php -q install.php (not sure if that is overwriting my database configuration)?

9. Jesse Norell

postfix-mysql was not installed at that time, but is now.
    That is correct, or you can run 'php update.php' manually, but you don't run install.php on an already installed system.

Is /usr/lib/postfix/postfix-mysql.so a symlink to a non-existent file?

10. musterschueler

The file exists in the directory:
    Code:
    /usr/lib/postfix# ls
    configure-instance.sh  libmilter.a      libpostfix-global.so    libpostfix-tls.so   libxsasl.a           postfix-mysql.so        sbin
    dict_mysql.so           libpostfix-dns.so  libpostfix-master.so    libpostfix-util.so  postfix_groups.pl  postfix-mysql.so.1.0.1

11. Jesse Norell

But is it a symlink to a non-existent file? Eg run ls -l

12. musterschueler

I am not sure, tbh :) This is the result:
    Code:
    ls -l
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   4399 Jun 30  2020 configure-instance.sh
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     22 Mai 30 11:10 dict_mysql.so -> postfix-mysql.so.1.0.1
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  80650 Jun 30  2020 libmilter.a
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  31120 Jun 30  2020 libpostfix-dns.so
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 289472 Jun 30  2020 libpostfix-global.so
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  51808 Jun 30  2020 libpostfix-master.so
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 140552 Jun 30  2020 libpostfix-tls.so
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 277296 Jun 30  2020 libpostfix-util.so
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  49952 Jun 30  2020 libxsasl.a
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  13053 Jun 30  2020 postfix_groups.pl
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  22920 Jun 30  2020 postfix-mysql.so
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     16 Jun 30  2020 postfix-mysql.so.1.0.1 -> postfix-mysql.so
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root   4096 Mai 30 10:26 sbin
    Apparently, both postfix-mysql.so are pointing at each other... Do I have to remove one of them?

13. Jesse Norell

I don't see an obvious problem, but can't check against another system at this time.